Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Minor Child - Naturalized Parent

Hi,
    Can the child born in India having Indian passport, birth certificate and US naturalized parent will be treated as Indian citizen in India? I understand they become derived citizen in US but if you dont apply US passport and continue to retain Indian passport for them until the age of 18, will they still be treated as Indian citizen? Kindly advise
    Thanks

The questions are not clear. The passport (if posses one) defines citizenship in India.

I assume the child was born before the parents were naturalized. The US naturalized parents can apply for their child's US immigration. Or continue to be an Indian citizen, if that is the preferred choice.

The derived citizen part of the question is not clear. If that is related to the parent's immigration process, I wonder why you ask the first question. Was the child born before or after the parent's US immigration? The parents can apply for US immigration for the child anytime, preferably before age 18.

More info here...
    This page provides information about how to apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, known as a CRBA.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X