What is causing Delay in Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some visa processing times from some of the posters

Here are some completed visa times I have compiled from the posters on this forum and on other forums on the net that I have been watching. It may give you some idea of where you are in the long dark visa processing tunnel of CGI Houston. I am guessing mine will be ready sometime middle of next week:

howdy (18 days wait)
    07/09/2010 12:06pm CST Documents received by Consulate
    07/27/2010 10:05am CST Outsourcing office has verified the visa is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm.

Yner (6 days wait - SFO Consulate)
    10/08/2010 9:33am PST Documents received by Consulate
    10/14/2010 2:31pm PST Outsourcing office has verified the visa is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

arvjay (38 days wait)
    09/24/2010 2:51pm CST Documents received by Consulate
    11/02/2010 9:02am CST Outsourcing office has verified the visa is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

JDE (28 days wait)
    10/19/2010 10:17am CST Documents received by Consulate
    11/17/2010 10:04am CST Outsourcing office has verified the visa is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

vellabadu (15 days wait)
    11/04/2010 9:47am CST Documents received by Consulate
    11/19/2010 9:28am CST Outsourcing office has verified the visa is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

vjayram (38 days wait)
    10/21/2010 9:36am CST Documents received by Consulate
    11/29/2010 9:12am CST Outsourcing office has verified the visa is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

nishaptl (14 days wait)
    11/22/2010 - Documents received by Consulate
    Entry visa approved - 12/06/2010

houston (28 days)
    11/08/2010 2:06pm CST Documents received by Consulate
    Visa Approved - 12-06-2010

nriindian (1 month wait)
    12/08/2010 6:32pm CST Outsourcing office has verified the visa is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.
    Last edited by NeM; 12-08-2010, 11:31 PM.

Comment

nri2

somehow i got hold of kap0or over the phone
      i beggedd i cried.. and tried to explain my emergency

do one thing
      Fax a letter
      Attn MR. Kapoor

your application id
      your passport #
      your date of birth
      your name

and the reason why you really need it

with your Eticket faxed ( make sure you write you application id# on Eticket too and
      it would work wonders
      Last edited by nriindian; 12-09-2010, 01:57 AM.

Comment

nriindian,
        Thanks for the info.

Comment

I applied for a passport renewal from FLORIDA on Oct12, and I did not get any response after that. I kept calling them several times a day, as usual noone lifts the phone. i emailed them several times, faxed them, still no response.

But I called them today as suggested by a earlier post on 713-626-2148 , called it, hung up after a couple of rings, did that several times in a sequence, finally it went to the automated message from where I kept pressing 0 for the operator several times, even though it said noone was available.

Finally , finally, some lady responded and she checked my passport# and said that I should get my passport next week. I will let you guys know once I get it as well.

Comment

ferozsyed,

Oct 12th - Can you clarify this? Documents received date at the embassy side or the despatch date from your end to Travisa?

Comment

Pending approval of the Government of India

11/24/2010 9:46am CST Documents received by Consulate
              11/30/2010 2:00pm CST Pending approval of the Government of India

We applied for an entry visa for our baby. The latest status change shows "Pending approval of the Government of India". Has anyone seen this status before or know what it means? Should I be worried?

Comment

pengvin.....

is your daughter born in usa....and you applying entry visa
                that should be the case
                or else...... who knows.. i guess thats the way to avoid you from calling them. they could say hell we waiting for the govt of india in new delhi to respond we cannot do **** till we get answer from them

Comment

whenever you fax
                  make sure you write

Attn: Kapoor Sir

As per our talk i am faxing you my itinery with my application id , dob, and reason for emergency

thanking you

=============
                  Who is kapoor?
                  vice consular general.. houston, Texas

Comment

nriindian,

Yes, our son was born in the USA so we are applying for an entry visa.

Comment

NeM,

I got the VISA today. This was through the normal process without follow-ups. I hope you will be getting the documents shortly.

10/23/2010 India visa application completed online
                      10/28/2010 India visa application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsoucing
                      11/05/2010 Passport and supporting documents received by Travisa Outsourcing, payment processed
                      11/05/2010 Documents prepared to go to Consulate
                      11/08/2010 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing to Consulate
                      11/08/2010 Documents received by Consulate
                      12/10/2010 Outsourcing office has verified the visa is processed correctly.

Comment

congrats NRI2..yes, based on your feedback and the other posters it looks like there is about a one month wait pattern.. if this continues, i think i should get mine sometime in the middle or close to the end of next week.

Comment

NRI2,
                          Did you apply for Surrender Certificate along with your Entry VISA application ?

Originally posted by NRI2 View Post
                          NeM,

I got the VISA today. This was through the normal process without follow-ups. I hope you will be getting the documents shortly.

10/23/2010 India visa application completed online
                          10/28/2010 India visa application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsoucing
                          11/05/2010 Passport and supporting documents received by Travisa Outsourcing, payment processed
                          11/05/2010 Documents prepared to go to Consulate
                          11/08/2010 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing to Consulate
                          11/08/2010 Documents received by Consulate
                          12/10/2010 Outsourcing office has verified the visa is processed correctly.

Comment

NeM,
                            How many of these applications included a Surrender Certificate ?
                            Trying to see how much delay it would add, if a Surrender Certificate is applied for, together with an application for an Entry VISA.

Originally posted by NeM View Post
                            Here are some completed visa times I have compiled from the posters on this forum and on other forums on the net that I have been watching. It may give you some idea of where you are in the long dark visa processing tunnel of CGI Houston. I am guessing mine will be ready sometime middle of next week:

howdy (18 days wait)
                            07/09/2010 12:06pm CST Documents received by Consulate
                            07/27/2010 10:05am CST Outsourcing office has verified the visa is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm.

Yner (6 days wait - SFO Consulate)
                            10/08/2010 9:33am PST Documents received by Consulate
                            10/14/2010 2:31pm PST Outsourcing office has verified the visa is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

arvjay (38 days wait)
                            09/24/2010 2:51pm CST Documents received by Consulate
                            11/02/2010 9:02am CST Outsourcing office has verified the visa is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

JDE (28 days wait)
                            10/19/2010 10:17am CST Documents received by Consulate
                            11/17/2010 10:04am CST Outsourcing office has verified the visa is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

vellabadu (15 days wait)
                            11/04/2010 9:47am CST Documents received by Consulate
                            11/19/2010 9:28am CST Outsourcing office has verified the visa is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

vjayram (38 days wait)
                            10/21/2010 9:36am CST Documents received by Consulate
                            11/29/2010 9:12am CST Outsourcing office has verified the visa is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

nishaptl (14 days wait)
                            11/22/2010 - Documents received by Consulate
                            Entry visa approved - 12/06/2010

houston (28 days)
                            Visa Approved - 12-06-2010

nriindian (1 month wait)
                            12/08/2010 6:32pm CST Outsourcing office has verified the visa is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

Comment

Yes. I submitted appilcations for Surrender Certificate and Entry Visa together. I received the Surrender Certificate as well as the US Passport with India Visa stamped.

Comment

Hi skalyani99, sorry I don't know the answer to your question because the posters would post their visa status information to the forum once they get notified from Travisa and I would collect this information.

Like NRI2 said above, I think the long 4-week wait is inclusive of applying for the SC along with the entry visa application together. I applied the same way as NRI2 did (entry visa+SC) and I am pretty sure the other posters did it this way too. It was suggested to do it this way if you have not yet canceled your Indian passport or if you have a canceled passport but do not have the SC yet. It is part of their mile-long list of requirements from Travisa to do as such.

I read somewhere that applying for the SC alone only (no travel intended) would take at least 2 months.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X