No announcement yet.

OCI Re-Issue (New passport over age 20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Re-Issue (New passport over age 20)

Hello all, I have a situation and would appreciate your help/feedback. My sister got a new passport after turning 21 and we have submitted her application for re-issuance of an OCI card. It has been almost two months and we are still waiting as it is still "under process" per the consulate's website. I have reached out to them for an update.

We are travelling to India next month - in the event the new card doesn't come in time, can we travel with her old passport, which contains the India (U) sticker and her new passport without the OCI card to be granted entry into India?

Thank you for your help!

Yes. There is a relaxation for travel with old OCI till 31-Dec-2022. But it requires that you have the old OCI card with you.

Or, you could just get an e-Visa. It's not pricey - about $25 for 30-days or $40 for 1-year. The process is all on-line and you get the e-Visa via email within a week (usually in a day or two).

Comment

I would second arkaa you need the actual OCI card. Get an eVisa and be done if the OCI card does not get approved and ship a week before your departure.

Comment

Originally posted by arkaa View Post
        Yes. There is a relaxation for travel with old OCI till 31-Dec-2022. But it requires that you have the old OCI card with you.

Or, you could just get an e-Visa. It's not pricey - about $25 for 30-days or $40 for 1-year. The process is all on-line and you get the e-Visa via email within a week (usually in a day or two).
        Hi everyone,

Just to clarify, does the relaxation apply only for travel until 31st December 2022?

We updated our OCIs last year with new passport information, which was approved through a Misc OCI application. Should I reapply now in order to get our OCIs updated with the new passport numbers, or will our previous application permit us to enter India after 31st December 2022 using OCIs we currently hold, which refer to old passport numbers? This applies to my wife (under 50) and two children (under 20)

I also received a new passport today, so if I were to update my OCI for my new passport number under the free service without issuing a new OCI, would that become invalid after 31st December 2022 (i.e. should I instead just apply for my OCI to be reissued with a new passport number)?

Thank you for any help - the HCI websites and OCI website are not written sufficiently clearly!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X