Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on Renunciation Cert ? Or can i use old indian passport with Cancelled stamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Renunciation Cert ? Or can i use old indian passport with Cancelled stamp

I am a Canadian National applying for an India Tourist Visa while in USA (Atlanta Jurisdiction)
    I was Naturalized in 2004 in Canada while on an Indian Passport that expired in 2009. At that time i got my Indian Passport stamped with 'Cancelled on account of Holder voluntarily acquiring Canadian Citizenship'. In the past i have applied for many e-visas, and they were given to me without any issues, but this time i need to apply by mail as e-visas are not available for Canadian Citizens.

The question i have is do i need a Renunciation Cert ? or can i use my Indian Passport with the stamp ?

TY so much for the help

Originally posted by dpais494 View Post
    I am a Canadian National applying for an India Tourist Visa while in USA (Atlanta Jurisdiction)
    I was Naturalized in 2004 in Canada while on an Indian Passport that expired in 2009. At that time i got my Indian Passport stamped with 'Cancelled on account of Holder voluntarily acquiring Canadian Citizenship'. In the past i have applied for many e-visas, and they were given to me without any issues, but this time i need to apply by mail as e-visas are not available for Canadian Citizens.

The question i have is do i need a Renunciation Cert ? or can i use my Indian Passport with the stamp ?

TY so much for the help
    Yes, I think if it's pre 2010, then you don't need renunciation certificate. Are you on a work visa in US? Only people with legal status in US (not on tourist visa) can apply for Indian visa from US I think.

Check the document checklist here - https://services.vfsglobal.com/one-p...-checklist.pdf
    Last edited by Donald_Trump; 09-30-2022, 04:27 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X