Indian Passport Renewal delay @ CGI SFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Passport Renewal delay @ CGI SFO

I'm kind of frustrated with the delay in processing of passport renewal by CGI SFO. My passport is due to expire this month (Feb 2023) and i applied for renewal back in Nov 2022. I followed the VFS process and sent the applications and old passport thru VFS courier and it has been transferred to consulate as per VFS. Status in Passport website says "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.". I sent an email to [email protected]. But the only response i get is that "Your case has been referred to RPO, Bangalore for seeking a clarification. The passport will be issued immediately on receipt of response from RPO, Bangalore". This has been going on for 1 month now. I'm really worried due to lack of repose and seriousness form the consulate. What can be done at this time fro my side. Consulate does not pick up its calls as well.

AFAIK, Consulates are supposed to issue a new passport after 30 business days irrespective of any queries they sent to RPOs in India. Sorry that you are facing this irregular delay. Every consulate has a grievance/complaint process. Don't know what it is for SFO, but find it. Else start emailing officials directly and maybe tweeting the MEA.

Comment

Same for me. Mine is pending since Oct 2022. I met them on 7th March during open house/Public darbar. They said some issue with my Police verification. I asked them to send for PV again. After that I have not heard anything. Sent them reminder emails for re-initiating my PV but no response.
      I am frustrated as there is no way to get their attention or call them to get things move faster.

Comment

Originally posted by samir_macwan View Post
        Same for me. Mine is pending since Oct 2022. I met them on 7th March during open house/Public darbar. They said some issue with my Police verification. I asked them to send for PV again. After that I have not heard anything. Sent them reminder emails for re-initiating my PV but no response.
        I am frustrated as there is no way to get their attention or call them to get things move faster.
        If you have family-relatives back in India, request them to visit the local RPO and find out what the hold up is. You might also have to contact your local PS to find out if they are just sitting on your file because they didn't get their 'facilitation fee' for doing your verification.

Comment

Originally posted by rajesh19801980 View Post
          I'm kind of frustrated with the delay in processing of passport renewal by CGI SFO. My passport is due to expire this month (Feb 2023) and i applied for renewal back in Nov 2022. I followed the VFS process and sent the applications and old passport thru VFS courier and it has been transferred to consulate as per VFS. Status in Passport website says "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.". I sent an email to [email protected]. But the only response i get is that "Your case has been referred to RPO, Bangalore for seeking a clarification. The passport will be issued immediately on receipt of response from RPO, Bangalore". This has been going on for 1 month now. I'm really worried due to lack of repose and seriousness form the consulate. What can be done at this time fro my side. Consulate does not pick up its calls as well.
          Did you get your passport? If yes When did you get it?

Comment

Originally posted by samir_macwan View Post
            Whats the current status, did you receive the passport? If yes when did you get it? Whats followups did you do which helped?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X