Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCI for Minor - Do we need to send Legal Status of Parents documents as Hard Copies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI for Minor - Do we need to send Legal Status of Parents documents as Hard Copies?

We are applying for our son OCI. We live in US on H1B and H4 visa. In the OCI application, we uploaded approval notices of our visas in Legal Status of Parent but in the OCI checklist for sending the documents, there is no mention of them. So, do we need to send these approval notices copy in the hard copies?

When did you submit them? I mean the time? If it passed a long time then you can also submit the hard copies. It will be better I think.

Comment

It would be nice if you shared which check you are referring to. Here is the latest OCI checklist for minors never held Indian passport.

This is the information you are looking for.
      11. PROOF OF LEGAL STATUS OF PARENTS IN THE USA (IF HOLDING NON-USA PASSPORT) (The document must be self-attested).
      Please submit any one of the following documents:
      • Copy of valid Green Card – Front and Back, OR
      • Copy of valid EAD – Front and Back, OR
      • Copy of valid long-term US visa, OR
      • In case visa extension is pending, I-797A Approval Notice / I-797C Receipt Notice along with recently expired visa may be submitted.

Comment

Yeah, you are right enough. Reference would be helpful for getting accurate information.

Comment

On a different note, can I ask if you uploaded self- attested copies of documents or just scanned PDFs? I am trying to submit OCI applications as well for us and a minor child.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X