Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unable to proceed New OCI Application because of....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to proceed New OCI Application because of....

HI All,

I submitted to Atlanta embassy for a new OCI for minor. I received following:

We have "Received" your Application however we are unable to proceed with the application due to the following reasons:
    1. Additional documents : Undertaking letter is required from applicant. Please download and print format from documents checklist, sign and send.
    2. Duly Notarized Affidavit in Lieu of Originals. : required
    ​I have following queries:
    I found both documents online no issues,

ONE - AFFIDAVIT IN LIEU OF ORIGINALS (I'll notarize this, no issue)---> Who needs to sign? Only one of parent signature sufficient?
    I submitted xerox of (Minor US Passport, Minor-US Birth Certificate, Parents Passport, Parents Legal status which is H1B Visa, DL-address proof, Marriage Certificate, )
    Also, what all documents need to enlist in this documents? The template is following:

AFFIDAVIT IN LIEU OF ORIGINALS I , solemnly swear that the enclosed documents are true copies of original support documents submitted along with OCI application:
    a)
    b)
    and so on
    Do I need to list all of the xerox Or? any specific?

TWO - Second query is Undertaking letter is required from applicant. It is simple document with many points and in the end
    With reference to my OCI application file reference number …………………………, I undertake as under:
    1)
    2)
    etc
    (Signature of the OCI applicant) Name: Date:

who needs to sign? DOes thumb impression of minor required Or?

Has anyone faced any such situation, Can somone guide. Thanks, in advance!

Hi getamit2006 - I have the same question on both these documents. What did you end up doing?

Comment

If your minor can sign, have them do it wherever it asks for.
      ​​​​if not, parent can sign on behalf.

For affidavit in lieu of original, make sure to list all the documents you are sending a photocopy and have it signed and name printed by the notary.
      (you just have to mention name of the minor applicant in two places in that form)
      Last edited by shivs76; 03-10-2024, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by getamit2006 View Post
        HI All,

I submitted to Atlanta embassy for a new OCI for minor. I received following:

We have "Received" your Application however we are unable to proceed with the application due to the following reasons:
        1. Additional documents : Undertaking letter is required from applicant. Please download and print format from documents checklist, sign and send.
        2. Duly Notarized Affidavit in Lieu of Originals. : required
        ​I have following queries:
        I found both documents online no issues,

ONE - AFFIDAVIT IN LIEU OF ORIGINALS (I'll notarize this, no issue)---> Who needs to sign? Only one of parent signature sufficient?
        I submitted xerox of (Minor US Passport, Minor-US Birth Certificate, Parents Passport, Parents Legal status which is H1B Visa, DL-address proof, Marriage Certificate, )
        Also, what all documents need to enlist in this documents? The template is following:

AFFIDAVIT IN LIEU OF ORIGINALS I , solemnly swear that the enclosed documents are true copies of original support documents submitted along with OCI application:
        a)
        b)
        and so on
        Do I need to list all of the xerox Or? any specific?

TWO - Second query is Undertaking letter is required from applicant. It is simple document with many points and in the end
        With reference to my OCI application file reference number …………………………, I undertake as under:
        1)
        2)
        etc
        (Signature of the OCI applicant) Name: Date:

who needs to sign? DOes thumb impression of minor required Or?

Has anyone faced any such situation, Can somone guide. Thanks, in advance!

Do I need to list all of the xerox
        Yes, either type it in word or simply write in with hand. Every xerox you made & self-attested, need to be listed here.

DOes thumb impression of minor required
        I applied for an adult, but I would think keep it same as you did uploaded the signature part on OCI website. Did you upload an impression of thumb print of kid? Keep it consistent throughout the application.

If both parents can sign, should sign.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X