Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI minor update - travel to India

Hello
    Have applied to update my daughters OCI with new passport information a few weeks ago - OCI update still not confirmed but the status shows it is with the appropriate authority. Have done some reading and the general consensus is that we can still travel with her OCI despite the update not confirmed. Anyone got recent experience of this or should I apply for a tourist visa for her? We travel next week.

Here are the New OCI Misc services guidelines:
    Here are the revised instructions:

"If you're an existing OCI cardholder looking to update/upload the latest information regarding your current passport, changes in address, occupation, or contact details, you can choose the relevant option(s) provided below and upload the newest photograph along with the necessary documents. These details will be promptly updated in the OCI system records, and an acknowledgment will be sent to the OCI cardholder via their registered email ID.

conclusion : If you have already updated the information on the OCI website of the government portal and received an acknowledgment, there's no need to be concerned. You can continue using your existing OCI card for travel purposes."​

Comment

I am traveling to India with minor next week. She got new passport 2 years back and has a valid OCI card with old passport number. I just came to know to Update OCI with new passport online. I have submitted the OCI Misc application but the status is Not yet Acknowledged. I am concerned that the new passport was issued 2 years back, and online it says to renew within 3 months of new passport issue.

Please help. Anyone in similar situation was able to travel to India without issues? I am planning to travel with both US passports, OCI card and "Not yet acknowledged" print for passport update.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X