New OCI Registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New OCI Registration

Hello, Am hoping to get some guidance here.

I am a naturalized US citizen. I want to apply for an OCI card. Does any here have step by step guidance on how to do it?

From what I read on this Forum, it is better to apply for the OCI on your own, rather than use the VFS. I am inclined toward applying myself. Just wanted some views.

I reside in St. Paul, Minnesota

1) After registering for an OCI card on the website, am I required to send original documents like US and Indian passports, Domicile Certificate, Parent's marriage certificate, etc. to the OCI office in the US along with the paper copy of my OCI application?

2) Which OCI office should I send the application to?

Thanks much.

PAA

VFS is the official processing agent for OCI and a few other consular services in the USA.

Comment

You cannot apply on your own. Every OCI application has to come through VFS.

Chicago, 31 August 2021

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

It is informed that VFS Global is the authorized outsourced service provider for OCI services for the Embassy of India, Washington DC and its Consulates in Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, New York and San Francisco. Its operations have started from 04 November 2020.

All the OCI applicants are requested to visit the link for details on OCI application submission.

Applicants residing in the consular jurisdiction [Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota] of the Consulate General of India, Chicago and seeking services regarding Overseas Indian Citizenship may visit the web link https://www.vfsglobal.com/india/usa for guidance details on OCI Application submission. .

Apart from the applicable Government of India OCI fees, the applicants will also be required to pay US$ 15.90 as service charge to VFS Global and US$ 3 as contribution to Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF).The details of the VFS Global Application Centre are as under:

VFS Global Application Centre

180 N Stetson Avenue,

20th Floor, Suite# 2075, Chicago, Illinois 60601

Website -https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/ind

In case of any specific queries in this regard, please email to [email protected]

It may also be noted that due to the ongoing Covid pandemic, there will be no walk-in service at VFS Global until further notice. All applications shall only be dealt with by post.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X