PIO card not issued to minor, since parents VISA expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PIO for Minor Kid

I was in the same situation while i was at US wherein my visa L1B was in extension while my son was born and ultimately got denied. Below is what i did for getting a PIO card for my son

First of all if your visa is already in extension and your kid is born during that time you can not apply for PIO in USA and the application will be denied my Indian Consulate so do not waste time applying for a PIO instead apply for an Entry(x)visa and get your kid to India without hassles. Indian consulate will issue the entry visa. Please note that although you can get a visa with max term of 5 years but the max time you can stay in one go is 6 months

After landing in India you can apply for PIO via FRRO if you have a visa validity of more than 1 year.Now you need to be lucky enough to have a FRRO in your city. FRRO is in the following cities at this point.
    In case you do not come under any of the cities listed in the website above then you have to send the application to delhi office yourself which becomes problamatic

Luckily for me i stay at mumbai and oersonally applied at FRRO mumbai. It took 45 days for the PIO card to be issued

Now i have read in lot of forums that you need to appostille your childs birth certificate and re apostille at new delhi. I had got my sons birth certificate apostilled at USA and that worked.

I never saw a proper reply on any forumso thought would just share my story of getting a PIO

Cheers

Comment

PIo card visa is valid for 6 months ...

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      If you are going to India, your kids will need visa that allow them to stay in India for more than 6 months. And in that case, you can apply for their PIO there.
      what if the child did not return to USA after this 6 months, since parents want to reside in India, do I need to get pio extended or should I get new Indian passport ?
      if so how to do it ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X