Pio card for us born son.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pio card for us born son.

My son was born in US, about 19 years ago. As a baby, we have obtained an US passport. However, due to certain personal circumstances, anticipating we may have to leave US. we obtained an Indian passport by usual procedure. Eventually we moved to a third country (NOT India) and my son has grown and studied there as foreign student. All these years he used only his Indian Passport to visit India, He never visited US or used his US passport. After completing the school, he decided to study in US, renewed his US passport and currently he is in a US University.

We would like to get a PIO Card for him. My questions are.

1. Will there be any problem in getting a PIO card due to the fact that he had a US Passport previously , even though he never used it?

2. Does he have to renounce his Indian citizenship while applying for PIO? If yes, does this have to be done before or during PIO Application?

3. PIO Application requires him to submit a copy of US Naturalization Certificate. I wonder any such certificates will by issued to US passport holders. Can we submit his PIO application without this certificate?

I thank you very much for any information.

I would greatly some response to my above inquiry.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X