Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Passport - Validity for travel

No issues
    Last edited by KadambariKothare; 08-04-2015, 01:41 PM.

address proof

I am filling out the online application (Newyork) for renewing my son (Age: 6 years) passport. There are two address required in the form. 1. Address to be printed in passport 2. Other Address.
    One address I am mentioning permanent (India) address. The other one filling with current/USA mailing addresses. What type of documents I need to submit for permanent address proof? My passport has permanent address. Can I show it as proof for Address to be printed?
    Thanks,
    Gopal

Comment

Originally posted by GopalU View Post
      I am filling out the online application (Newyork) for renewing my son (Age: 6 years) passport. There are two address required in the form. 1. Address to be printed in passport 2. Other Address.
      One address I am mentioning permanent (India) address. The other one filling with current/USA mailing addresses. What type of documents I need to submit for permanent address proof? My passport has permanent address. Can I show it as proof for Address to be printed?
      Thanks,
      Gopal
      By the end of November 2014, it is estimated that there are approximately 2.86 lakh handwritten passports in circulation.
      Approximately 6 crore Indian hold valid passports. Indian citizens residing in India and abroad and holding such passports with validity beyond the 24th Nov, 2015 are advised to apply for re-issue of their passports well before the deadline in order to avoid any inconvenience in obtaining valid visa or international travel.
      Many international travellers may not realise that having an unexpired passport is sometimes not enough to obtain Visas or to enter certain foreign countries.
      Indian citizens travelling on Passports which may expire in less than six months should renew their passportsbefore any upcoming international travel. It is especially important to check the passports needs of any minor who may be accompanying their parents as passports for minors have a shorter validity period (5 years) than passports for adults (10 years). The universal practice in vogue now is; “Once your passport crosses the nine-year mark, it is time to get new passport”.
      - Jitendra Biket

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X