Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise needed for Divorce

Hi,
    I got married in 2015. At that time I was working in Singapore. she was working in USA. It is arranged marriage (6 months gap between Engagement and Marriage). during that 6 months she didn't talk well. So i had doubt like whether she didn't have interest. But she & her family convinced like she is bit shy and typical traditional girl bla ..bla.. After marriage she was with me just 10 days . She refused to take leave. I was ok because i had blind faith on her and her family. I got my H1B. She refused to me to come to US and she started argument to get very good job (I am not sure what is very good job in her definition). I was wasted 1 month. But I came to USA after 1 month. I got job in diff state. but came to oct. And that time too she never allowed me to come to delaware(where she is working) and she also not willing to come and meet me . I have informed to her parents as well. but she never attended her parents call . then i got job in delaware and moved here. but she treated me like slave bitch. I never knew she is having drinking habit as well She beat me twice. then only i have realized she was(is - not sure) having relationship with another guy. I brought this details to their parents and they convinced me till they come to USA. And they promised they will resolved everything and then only leave from US. After they came here also they convinced me . During this time i never talked with her. Then only i realized they know about her illegal relationship and drinking habit.

i was highly cheated and lost my every money after marriage.

Now I am leaving alone for almost 1 year. Kindly advise me how i can proceed divorce.

And I never had any sexual relationship any time

When i have talked with a lawyer in india , he told i have to appear there. And she refused to give mutual divorce.

it is fine if i apply divorce in Delaware?
    Is it applicable to India ?
    How much time it will take ?

Since you are both living in Delaware, you should divorce in Delaware. In the US either party can choose to divorce. Find a divorce lawyer that specializes in your state.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X