Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW and WHERE TO APPLY DIVORCE

Hi,
    I have got married in India and came on H4. But bcoz of my husband's harassment, I left him and stayed with my brother(in the US) for 10 days. I had to leave US as my husband didnt extended my Visa. Again I came back to the USA thorugh F1 visa. Now, I dont know where he stays in US, he changed his number and also address.I tried to contact my in-laws(In India) but they are also not responding.I had applied for divorce from the state where we have stayed together for the last time. But the divorce got denied as marriage wasn't registered in that state and non of us are living there at the time of case filing.
    Can anyone help me in this situation?

Nevada is the most convenient location for obtaining a divorce, but there is a 6-week residence requirement.

--Ray B

Originally posted by ksk123 View Post
    Hi,
    I have got married in India and came on H4. But bcoz of my husband's harassment, I left him and stayed with my brother(in the US) for 10 days. I had to leave US as my husband didnt extended my Visa. Again I came back to the USA thorugh F1 visa. Now, I dont know where he stays in US, he changed his number and also address.I tried to contact my in-laws(In India) but they are also not responding.I had applied for divorce from the state where we have stayed together for the last time. But the divorce got denied as marriage wasn't registered in that state and non of us are living there at the time of case filing.
    Can anyone help me in this situation?

Comment

Thank You For Responding

Thanks for responding. I have a state ID where I am currently staying and I can file from the current state.

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Nevada is the most convenient location for obtaining a divorce, but there is a 6-week residence requirement.

--Ray B

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X