Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed. How many place we need to attested in POA for getting Apostile services?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed. How many place we need to attested in POA for getting Apostile services?

Help needed.

I am an OCI holder living in Wisconsin.
    Need to send POA to my parents in India.
    Indian Embassy chicago website saying "In the case of US nationals (Indian origin), their signatures should be first attested by the Authentication(Apostle) Division from the Secretary of State before submission for attestation at the Consulate. Copy of the Certificate of authorization/OCI is required."

In the US Apostile says that i need to do
    Requirements for other documents include: "
    * Must be certified with a stamp or seal by a notary public
    * Must be certified by the clerk of court from the county in which the notary is commissioned
    * Must be certified by the Secretary of State from the state in which the document was executed
    * Documents from the District of Columbia must be certified by the Government of the District of Columbia Notarial Section
    * **Note** : the document doesn't have to be certified by the clerk of court from the county in which the notary is commissioned if the Secretary of State will certify directly to the notary."

My question is, in my POA, do i need to get certified from all 3 places? 1. certified by Notary, 2. clerk of court from the county, and 3. Secretary of State from the state????? before sending to "Office of Authentications,
    U.S. Department of State"

I just found out your post, in a similar situation (OCI living in Michigan), and looking at the same POA Apostle requirement info on Chicago Consulate website. I believe (not sure though) just notarizing your documents may be enough. My question, in case you can help, is what document(s) do I need to get authenticated/apostilled?

Comment

OK I guess I need the POA document to be apostilled.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X