Where to get Notary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get Notary?

I am planning to apply for a PIO card for my daughter. I have copies of our passport - took them to my bank to get it notarized. They told me they don't have the "rights" to notarize them. Went to fedex - same answer. No clue how and where to get it notarized !!??!!

Anyone know where to get our Indian passports notarized?

Please Help !!

Thanks.

This is easy.

They don't notarize the documents but they notarize the signature.

Therefore, you make a photocopy of the document, go to the bank or whatever. In front of them, write something like 'I certify that this is a true copy of the original' and then sign it. Then, ask them to notarize that signature. This should work.

After you try that, please provide us your feedback here.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Went to the bank and told them - i'll write its a true copy and sign it, you can notarize my signature - the crazy people tell me they can only notarize the "originals" - why the heck do i want their signature on my originals??? Makes no sense.. Luckily i heard through my indian friends that there is an Indian notary - took the passport & other documents to him - he just had a glance and then started stamping and signing like crazy - he finished around 40 documents in 5 mins - 1$ for a page !!!!!!!!!!! Now that's what i call SWEEET
      Last edited by me_myself; 04-19-2010, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Yes, some people just don't get it.

In such cases, up to the extent possible, please tell them they are not notarizing the document, but simply your signature. And your signature is original in the photocopied document.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Yes - to people who are trying to get their documents notarized in US -

(Notary can be found in Local Banks, City County Offices, Attorney Offices, UPS, FedEx locations.)

1. Follow what immihelp has posted - You can write "True Copy from Originals which is in my Control or Possession" - Sign it and ask the notary to sign and seal it

If they don't do 1 then take the Originals before the Notary and follow the process -

a. You can ask the Notary to make (or supervise) the making of a photocopy of your original document.
          b. Notary makes sure copy is an exact replica of original document.
          c. Show your Photo ID (license) to identify yourself to the Notary.
          d. Have the Notary attach this certificate to the copy made - see PDF form here.

If the notary still don't give you his sign/seal, try finding an Indian Notary in your area and get the job done.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X