Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Married in US and getting divorced in US. Will that be Valid in India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Married in US and getting divorced in US. Will that be Valid in India?

Hi, myself and my wife got married in Delaware, USA in 2018. I have lately realized that I have been played by my spouse all along and she married me for her status and also been exploiting me from the beginning. In 2019 she left to India as we were going to get married in India in Nov 2019, but once she went back to India she started ignoring me and then I understood the whole picture. She never came back again to US, so, I decided to apply for divorce in DE, where we got married. Now below are my questions in this regards

1. Will this divorce be valid in India?

2. Can my wife still approach Indian courts to exploit me further financially?

3. Does she have rights on my 401k money?

4. Also she made me sign on a villa in India in 2018 on both our names. I have been paying all the money and bank loan installments all along. Now I am not sure what to do with it?

please anyone help me and guide me as I suffered a lot mentally and financially and I do not want to loos emy life’s hard earnings on these kind of people.

Yes, generally, a marriage or divorce in any country is valid in every other country. Assets of the couple in all countries will generally be divided as part of the divorce proceedings, and those decisions should generally be accepted in other countries, but it's possible that other countries' courts may have other ideas.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by stranger0690 View Post
      Hi, myself and my wife got married in Delaware, USA in 2018. I have lately realized that I have been played by my spouse all along and she married me for her status and also been exploiting me from the beginning. In 2019 she left to India as we were going to get married in India in Nov 2019, but once she went back to India she started ignoring me and then I understood the whole picture. She never came back again to US, so, I decided to apply for divorce in DE, where we got married. Now below are my questions in this regards

1. Will this divorce be valid in India?

2. Can my wife still approach Indian courts to exploit me further financially?

3. Does she have rights on my 401k money?

4. Also she made me sign on a villa in India in 2018 on both our names. I have been paying all the money and bank loan installments all along. Now I am not sure what to do with it?

please anyone help me and guide me as I suffered a lot mentally and financially and I do not want to loos emy life’s hard earnings on these kind of people.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------

Are you an US citizen ? What is the visa status of your spouce ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X