Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Immigration Status Am I

Hi All,

Newbie here and is very confused on this whole immigration thing, so please help!! I sponsored my aunt from Vietnam to the US. She just got here a week ago, and i want to get her health coverage(or at least hospital visit) for her ASAP. However, i have no clue what immigration status she belongs to; a green-card holder, visa, ??? Second, what types of health insurance should i buy for her? Finally, where(or what health company) can i get health insurance for her?

Thank you!!
    Joe

Originally posted by joesmithf1 View Post
    Hi All,

Newbie here and is very confused on this whole immigration thing, so please help!! I sponsored my aunt from Vietnam to the US. She just got here a week ago, and i want to get her health coverage(or at least hospital visit) for her ASAP. However, i have no clue what immigration status she belongs to; a green-card holder, visa, ??? Second, what types of health insurance should i buy for her? Finally, where(or what health company) can i get health insurance for her?

Thank you!!
    Joe
    Since you said you sponsored her to come from Vietnam to the US I'd suggest she isn't a GC holder, as they don't need sponsoring. It sounds like she's here on a B1/B2 visitor visa. But as the above said, check her passport for visa stamp or visa slip to find it. If you're still confused after checking that, come back and tell us that it says (not including any personal information) and we can try and advise from there.
    Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
    4-12: Arrived in Chicago
    4-14: Picked up by USCIS
    4-19: Email & text notifications received
    4-23: I-797 Receipts received
    4-27: Biometrics notice received
    5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
    5-11: Biometrics completed
    6-04: Interview scheduled
    6-09: Received interview letter
    7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
    7-13: Card was Mailed
    7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X