Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance for parents migrating

Hello

my dad age 82 got his GC approved via consular processing and is expected to land soon in usa

can someone please share information on obamacare
    if they have got for there parents

I believe once he lands here it will take a month for GC
    And SSN arrival

appreciate if someone can guide who has been through the same situation

Thanks

You will have to visit your state's healthcare exchange at healthcare.gov to view the ACA plans available in your state. Until this coverage is available, you may consider purchasing a short term health insurance option from the New Immigrants section of our website.

International Major Medical or the Bridge Plan are available to him until he is eligible for domestic insurance. These plans will cover someone for new illnesses, injuries or accidents that either exist in the body or occur after the effective date.

If you have any additional questions or need further help, please feel free to contact our office at 1(866) INSUBUY 467-8289.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Hi Nimika,

I am in the same boat and will follow this thread. Let's share information here as we find more. I hear that every state is different. My parents have GC approved and will be coming in Nov 2023 to live with us. We are in New Jersey.

I read that we can buy insurance from ACA marketplace but premium depends upon the household income, and this is where taxation comes into place. Do you claim your parents as dependent while filing taxes, or they can have their taxes separately. My parents are retired and have only pension income from India so not sure how that plays.

Please do share info if you find more about... and I will do the same!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X