Medical insurance question for Green Card holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical insurance question for Green Card holder

I am an Australian citizen. I have a green card and entering the US for the first time using the green card in December. I need some advice for medical insurance. I am coming over and will look for work and hopefully will find something within 6 months.I am not sure which US State yet. What are my options for health insurance? Can I take visitors insurance or something else?

The main option is buying a plan from the ACA marketplace. If your income is below 400% of the poverty level, you can get a subsidy (Premium Tax Credit).

Comment

Except likely someone signed an affidavit of support for him that subsidy gets chargeable to him.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingron View Post
        Except likely someone signed an affidavit of support for him that subsidy gets chargeable to him.
        No it doesn't. The subsidy (i.e. premium tax credit) is not a means-tested public benefit for the I-864. See I-864P.

Comment

If an older parent arrives in the country, can you get a policy for them on the ACA marketplace? I'm concerned about getting my wife's mother medical insurance.

Comment

As a green card holder in the US, you have access to health insurance options such as plans through the Health Insurance Marketplace, COBRA coverage if applicable, or short-term health insurance plans. Additionally, you may consider temporary visitor health insurance until you secure long-term coverage.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X