Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance for 18 months for J2 visa members

Hi,

I’m looking for medical insurance for my spouse and 2 children in IL for the J2 visa requirements.
    The visa length is for 18 months but unfortunately I can purchase through
    insubuy.com only insurance for maximum 12 months and not for 18 months as I want.

Does it possible to purchase insurance for J2 family members for 18 months period?

Regards,

Hi,

I’m looking for medical insurance for my spouse and 2 children in IL for the J2 visa requirements.
    The visa length is for 18 months but unfortunately I can purchase through
    insubuy.com only insurance for maximum 12 months and not for 18 months as I want.

Does it possible to purchase insurance for J2 family members for 18 months period?

Regards,
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Hello,

The ages are: 1 , 4, 31

The arrival date is : February 2017

Insurance period : 18 months

The requirements are:
      Minimum Coverage Amounts:

1. A minimum of $50,000 U.S. dollars in case of medical evacuation.

2. A minimum of $25,000 U.S. dollars in case of repatriation of remains.

3. A minimum of 100,000 U.S. dollars of regular and customary medical expenses per accident or sickness

OR

75% of regular and customary medical expenses per accident or sickness

4. A maximum deductible of $500 U.S. dollars per accident or sickness.

AND

I. Policy may require a waiting period for pre-existing conditions that is reasonable as determined by current industry standards.
      II. Must not unreasonably exclude coverage for perils inherent to the activities of the exchange program in which you, the exchange visitor, will be participating.

Underwriter and backing information:

5) Be underwritten by an insurance corporation with one of the following ratings:

a. an A.M. Best rating of “A-“ or above

b. McGraw Hill Financial/Standard & Poor's Claims-paying Ability rating of “A−” or above

c. Weiss Research, Inc. rating of “B+” or above

d. Fitch Ratings, Inc. rating of “A−” or above;

e. Moody's Investor Services rating of “A3”

OR

Be backed by the full faith and credit of the government of your home country

OR

Be offered through or underwritten by a federally qualified Health Maintenance Organization

(HMO) or eligible Competitive Medical Plan (CMP), as determined by the Health Care Financing

Administration of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

Comment

You can purchase any of the plans either 364 days or 1yr at a time. After that we have to renew the policy for rest of the duration.

So you can purchase Atlas Exchange plan for 364days then renew for rest of the duration. Atlas Exchange plan is a family friendly plan so if one parent insured one child under 9yrs will get insurance at no cost.

Atlas Exchange brochure, instant purchase and other useful information,
        ExchangeGuard Insurance - ExchangeGuard Health Insurance - Student Medical Insurance for International Scholars traveling to the US for Study

You can also compare these plans with others at,

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for the information,I have a few questions before I continue on

1. I don’t have an option to purchase an 18 months insurance, but I can instead of that purchase an insurance for 1 year and then renew it for more 6 months in same day of purchase, right?
          Also I can purchase 2 new insurances, for instance 2 insurances for 9 months each. They won’t be connected together and If need I could cancel the second insurance and get a full refund for it no matter what was with the first one, is that correct?

2. I need to purchase insurance as one of the requirements to get J2 visa.
          Can I purchase it without having already visa , but when the insurance start date will start and I arrive to US, I will have that visa already ?

3. In all the Atlas Exchange programs the coinsurance is up to 5000$ , is it possible to reduce it?

4. The deductive is per person, Does the coinsurance with 5000$ max is also per person in case of Adult + 2 child .

Thank you!

Comment

Answers for your questions below:

1. You can purchase Atlas Exchange plan for 364 days and then you can send us an e-mail at [email protected] to renew the policy for rest of the duration. Please provide new expiration date and give authorization to charge additional premium credit card on file. Policy needs to renew the policy manually. I would not suggest to buy 2 policies. Because it will give you two policy number while you renew the policy it’s same policy number. The refund policy is that you can cancel before the effective date you will get full refund after the effective date you will get pro-rated refund minus $25 cancellation fees as long as there is no claim has been filed since the original eff. date.
            2. Yes. Because at the time of effective date you will have valid vsia.
            3. That’s not true. You can choose your co-insurance. Please read how plan works, http://www.insubuy.com/exchangeguard...ors-insurance/
            4. Yes. Your deductible and co-insurance is per person.

Atlas Exchange brochure, instant purchase link,
            ExchangeGuard Insurance - ExchangeGuard Health Insurance - Student Medical Insurance for International Scholars traveling to the US for Study

You can also purchase Patriot Exchange plan. Please find more information at,
            Patriot Exchange Program Insurance - J1 visa compliant health insurance for exchange visitors and research scholars. Patriot Exchange insurance is underwritten by SiriusPoint Specialty Insurance Corporation and administered by International Medical Group(IMG)

You can also get quote online for both plans at,

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

Hi,

I just purchased an insurance for 03.01.2017 - 11.30.2017 and want to purchase additional insurance that would continue it. from 12.01.2017 - 08.31.18 but I get error saying :

• Date Coverage Should Begin: Begin coverage date must be between 12/12/2016 and 6/12/2017
              • How to continue the process?

Regards,

Comment

You can’t process application online. But we can renew the policy for you.

Please provide your policy certificate number, provide the dates for which you want to renew the policy and give authorization to charge the additional premium credit card on the file.

Once we get e-mail from you will renew the policy and send you confirmation.

Thank you for your business with us.
                Thanks & Regards
                Insubuy

Comment

Hi,

I don’t want to renew it, I want to purchase additional insurance for 9 months with the same parameters as the previous, just for the next dates.
                  What you mean to give authorization to charge on the file? Can It be on mail - digital? Do I need to write the card number + *** , etc ?

Comment

When you renew the policy it’s continuous policy. You can’t purchase new policy more than 6months in advance.
                    Thanks & Regards
                    Insubuy

Comment

I understand, too bad. I read that I can’t get refund in case I'll cancel the policy after any claim, so I thought to minimise the refund-risk by dividing it to 2 programs.
                      So what should I do next. what kind of authorisation you need?

Comment

You send e-mail. Please provide certificate numbers and write that I want to renew the policy until 08/31/2018 and I authorize to charge premium credit card on the file.
                        Thanks & Regards
                        Insubuy

Comment

I just sent it 2 minutes ago…
                          Are you going to extend it now or it would take some time?

Comment

Hello,

Your request is currently being processed. You will receive confirmation of extension momentarily
                            Thanks & Regards
                            Insubuy

Comment

Hello,

Can you please provide me with documentation of the underwriter rating for the insurance plans I have?
                              This is a requirement I need to provide for my Visa process.

Best Regards,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X