Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health Insurance for Duke University as J1

Hi,
    I would like to buy health insurance for me, my wife and my child. Please find my draft health insurance plan. I would like to ask whether it fulfill the State Department Requirements. If it requires, I will buy it.
    Thank you

State Department Requirements

(1) Medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness;

(2) Repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000;

(3) Expenses associated with the medical evacuation of exchange visitors to his or her home country in the amount of $50,000; and

(4) Deductibles not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.

(c) Insurance policies secured to fulfill the requirements of this section:

(1) May require a waiting period for pre-existing conditions that is reasonable as determined by current industry standards;

(2) May include provisions for co-insurance under the terms of which the exchange visitor may be required to pay up to 25% of the covered benefits per accident or illness; and

(3) Must not unreasonably exclude coverage for perils inherent to the activities of the exchange program in which the exchange visitor participates.

(d) Any policy, plan, or contract secured to fill the above requirements must, at a minimum, be:

(1) Underwritten by an insurance corporation having an A.M. Best rating of “A−” or above; a McGraw Hill Financial/Standard & Poor's Claims-paying Ability rating of “A−” or above; a Weiss Research, Inc. rating of “B + ” or above; a Fitch Ratings, Inc. rating of “A−” or above; a Moody's Investor Services rating of “A3” or above; or such other rating as the Department of State may from time to time specify; or Alternatively, the sponsor may ascertain that the participant's policy is backed by the full faith and credit of the government of the exchange visitor's home country.

Yes. Atlas Exchange plan meets your school requirements and standard J1 visa requirements.

Atlas Exchange brochure, instant purchase and other useful information,
    ExchangeGuard Insurance - ExchangeGuard Health Insurance - Student Medical Insurance for International Scholars traveling to the US for Study

Please go ahead and purchase the insurance and if you have any further questions feel free to contact us.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Hi,
      Is there any cheaper one that fulfills the State Department Requirements of Duke and with the same feature. If it requires, I will buy it. Because this is about 2.100$

Comment

In order to determine the premium cost we will need to know the information you have entered. Can you please provide the ages of the insureds, state in which you primarily reside, and the coverage dates? You may also obtain assistance by contacting our office at (866) INSUBUY. If you have any additional questions please let us know.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

• State: North Carolina
          • Start Date: 16 January 2017 (for one year)
          • My Birthday (J1): 30
          • My wife Birthday (J2): 28
          • My son Birthday (J2): 1
          • J1 Activity: Attending School
          • Maternity: Doesn't Matter
          • Arrival in USA: Yet to arrive

Comment

Thank you for contacting Insubuy.

The Atlas Exchange plan depending upon the plan you purchase with either a 12 or 6 month waiting period will be less expensive than the quote you provided.

The Atlas Exchange plan is a family friendly plan and will be covered on the plan at no additional cost, with a covered adult.

A separate quote for coverage has been sent to you for reference .

Please feel free to contact our office if you need any further assistance.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

Hello,
              What is the difference between Atlas Exchange 6 Months Pre-Ex and just Atlas Exchange?
              Thanks

Comment

Hello,

The available options are Atlas Exchange Pre-Ex 6 month and Atlas Exchange Pre-Ex 12 month.

The difference in these 2 options is the amount of time the proposed insured would have to wait before the pre-existing conditions will be covered under the plan. They can elect to wait with 6 or 12 months and this will have a difference in premium as well
                Thanks & Regards
                Insubuy

Comment

The Atlas Exchange plan was made to provide coverage for someone on a J or F visa. The Atlas America plan is primarily designed for anyone visiting the U.S., but someone on a J can also purchase this plan. There are few differences, such as with the Atlas Exchange you may choose a pre-existing condition waiting period of either 6 or 12 months. You may also choose between an 80% or 100% coinsurance. The Atlas Exchange will also allow you to choose whether your deductible is per certificate period or per injury or illness. This allows the Atlas Exchange plan to be more flexible and meet the various requirement types. The Atlas America plan does not have an option for a pre-existing condition waiting period. Instead, this plan provides coverage for the acute onset of a pre-existing condition up to the policy maximum you select for anyone under the age of 70. Your coinsurance will also work differently with this plan. If you are at a provider which is in-network, and the provider bills directly the plan will pay 100% up to the policy maximum you choose. If the provider is out of network or does not bill directly the plan will pay 80% of the first $5,000, then 100% up to the policy maximum. Based on your requirements we would recommended the Atlas Exchange plan. If you have any additional questions please let us know. You may also contact our office at (866) INSUBUY to speak with a licensed agent.
                  Thanks & Regards
                  Insubuy

Comment

Hi,
                    Thank you.
                    So If we choose coinsurance: 100/0 and reducible: $0, we will not pay anything for treatments like that, am I right?

Comment

With a $0 deductible the plan will pay 100% up to the policy maximum amount if you select that option. I will advise that direct billing is up to the provider which you visit, so if the provider does not participate in direct billing you will be responsible for paying for the visit up front and them filing a claim for reimbursement. If you have any additional questions please let us know.
                      Thanks & Regards
                      Insubuy

Comment

Hi,
                        I woudl buy that plan and my school ask me some questions above. So I give "Yes" answer all them. Is that true?
                        Thanks
                        • $100,000 of Coverage for Accident or Sickness?
                        • Deductible Coverage of $250 or Less per Accident or Illness?
                        • Coinsurance must not exceed 25% of covered benefit
                        • Waiting period for pre-existing conditions not to exceed 6 months
                        • Medical Evacuation Coverage of $50,000?
                        • Repatriation of Remains Coverage to $25,000?
                        • Is your current policy with an Insurance corporation with A.M.Best or Standard and Poor’s Claims rating of “A-“, ISI rating of A-1, or backed by the full faith and credit of the government of the exchange visitor’s home?

Comment

Hello,

The Atlas Exchange 6 M pre-ex plan will meet all of the requirements that you have previously mentioned.
                          Thanks & Regards
                          Insubuy

Comment

So all the answer of the question above is "YES" right?

100,000 of Coverage for Accident or Sickness?
                            • Deductible Coverage of $250 or Less per Accident or Illness?
                            • Coinsurance must not exceed 25% of covered benefit
                            • Waiting period for pre-existing conditions not to exceed 6 months
                            • Medical Evacuation Coverage of $50,000?
                            • Repatriation of Remains Coverage to $25,000?
                            • Is your current policy with an Insurance corporation with A.M.Best or Standard and Poor’s Claims rating of “A-“, ISI rating of A-1, or backed by the full faith and credit of the government of the exchange visitor’s home?
                            Thanks,

Comment

Hello,

Yes the plan will meet the following requirements. If there is a compliance form that need to be completed after purchase please send it along with your certificate number and we can have it completed.
                              Thanks & Regards
                              Insubuy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X