J1 visa dependent insurance for J2 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J1 visa dependent insurance for J2 visa

Thanks for your email and quote based on our conversation over phone. Please find my details and insurance requirement below for your reference.

I reached US on 2/14/17 on a exchange visitor program for a year - J1 visa. The program sponsor is Cultural Vistas. My office address is CDM Smith, 1441, Main street 1000,25201, Columbia SC. I am making travel plans for my wife (Age 28 years) to Columbia, South Carolina, US by end of March 2017 on a dependent J2 visa. The tentative requirement of the medical insurance for my wife will be from 3/31/17 to 2/10/18

Conditions for medical insurance for dependent VISA as described in my program sponsor's document are as follows:

Dependent Health Insurance

U.S. Federal Regulations state that all accompanying dependents that enter the United States under the sponsorship of Cultural Vistas must be
    covered by health and accident insurance for the entire duration of the training program. The minimum requirements for insurance are:

1. medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness;
    2. repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000;
    3. expenses associated with medical evacuation from the United States to the participant’s home country in the amount of $50,000; and
    4. a deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.

The insurance policy must also be underwritten by an insurance corporation having an A.M. Best rating of A- or above, a Fitch Ratings, Inc. rating
    of “A-“ or above; a Moody’s Investor Services rating of “A3” or above, a Standard & Poor’s Claims-paying Ability rating of A- or above, or a Weiss
    Research, Inc. rating of B+ or above OR be backed by the full faith and credit of the government of the exchange visitor’s home country. For full details
    please reference the Code of Federal Regulations (22 CFR Part 62).

Please check once again plan and quote suggested by you covers all the requirements by my program sponsor. I will be proceeding to further steps on confirmation of same.

Regards,

Thank you for sending us the requirements below. The Atlas Exchange plan recommended will meet the below requirements. When purchasing, please select the $100 deductible option, as this deductible is per injury/illness. You may use the link provided below to complete an online application. You may also purchase over the phone by contacting our office at (866) INSUBUY. If you have any additional questions please let us know.

Atlas Exchange: https://www.insubuy.com/exchangeguard-insurance/

If you would like to provide feedback on the service you’ve received today, please send an email to [email protected].
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X