Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you consult me about Health insurance for J-1 visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you consult me about Health insurance for J-1 visa?

Hi
    I going to apply for j-1 visa and join Microsoft Research at Purdue Indiana (with no start date specified yet and aprox end date will be 04.12.2019), as i understand i need to buy healthcare plan for me and my family because i don't have one qualifyingfor J-1 Visa.
    Should i buy simpliest plan for a month and change it after a month to more interesting healthcare isurance plan (with mothly payments), because i'm actually not in the USA yet?

Thank you,
    Last edited by Antonise; 11-20-2017, 05:35 PM.

Thank you for your interest in purchasing insurance through us.

We have many insurance plan that meet standard J1/J2 visa requirements. Can you please send us the school requirements so that can suggest insurance plan accordingly. You have to purchase the plan that meets school requirements.

Second question depends on your school. Some school wants insurance proof for whole duration while others not. Please check with your school.

If there is no requirements you can purchase any of the plan from link below.

Please enter appropriate criteria. You will find many plans and you can also compare them side by side.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Hi,
      The Microsoft research said plat my insurance should cover the entire period with start date 04.17.2017 and the end date 04.12.2019). Plan should be simpliest (meeting just J-1 and J-2 requirements) because i will get Microsoft Healthcare Insurance as well. I'm 34 yo and my wife is 32 and a have a son 3yo. As i understand clearly i cannot purchase plan for 2 years because max avaliable plan duration is 1year, but i need to cover duration from 04.17.2017 to 04.12.2019. What would you recomend me, is there any plans avaliable for the entire duration with monthly payments?

Here is the requirements that i should to fullfill (as cheap as possible with no aditional options):

As a J-1 Exchange Visitor Program Sponsor, Microsoft is required to certify that you have the required health and accident insurance coverage. Accordingly, we must have you provide proof of the following coverage for you and each dependent who will be accompanying you:
      Medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness
      Repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000
      Expenses associated with medical evacuation in the amount of $50,000
      A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness
      Accompanying spouses and dependents are required to be covered by insurance in the amounts set forth

If your current current insurance does not meet the J-1 requirements in the attached, you will need to obtain insurance that meets these requirements, to be valid for the duration of your J-1 internship. If you have dependents (spouse/children) that will be joining you in J-2 status, they must also obtain insurance. RITE requests that you have a copy of the completed/signed insurance verification form to us via email at least 4-weeks prior to your onboarding date.

Thank you,
      Last edited by Antonise; 11-23-2017, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Hello,

The plan that offers a monthly option would not include coverage for your dependents. We have sent the quotes for the plans that will cover the whole family but they will require full payment at the time of purchase. You would only be able to purchase for the 1 year up front. If you choose the Patriot Exchange plan then once you have purchased for the first year you could then renew for another year the next day but that plan would not be the lowest cost option. If you need additional assistance please feel free to contact our office.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

Hi,
          Thank you very much for the quotation. I would like to choose Atlas Exchange 12 month pre-ex or Atlas America but there are no children fee in the price details what does it mean (i don't need to pay for baby if i pay for two family members or children don't covered by it)?
          Last edited by Antonise; 11-23-2017, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Hello,

The Atlas plans are family friendly and there is no charge for children under 9 but they will still be covered. If you need additional assistance please feel free to contact our office.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X