X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• request of information - J1 visa health insurance

Dear Madam or Sir,

I am writing from Italy.

I will shortly be conducting interviews because I decided to apply for a traineeship in the USA for 6 or 12 months, under the J-1 visa scheme. In both cases I can extend the traineeship up to 18 months. I would prefer to do 12 months or 6 months and extend it for a further 6 months. However I currently do not know the exact location.

I am almost 34 I have a disability, I walk with crutches. I decided to apply for a traineeship in the USA because in Italy I am discriminated both in the labour market (although I have a M.A. in Translation, and I am a qualified English as a Second Language teacher) and in social life as well. In the USA this traineeship would be tailored taking into account my skills and I received the confirmation that I am qualified.

I am aware that in the USA health insurance is really important. I am therefore writing to this Office because I would like to know, an estimate would do too, how much would a good insurance cost me per month. Despite my reduced mobility my health has always been excellent, letting alone occasional flues or colds. I am looking for an insurance which would surround me as a safe. I saw you have various plans available. What would the best one be (coverage- for money)? Meaning it should cover surgery, hospitalisation ambulance transport 24- hour 7 days a week.
    Luckily during my various journeys around the world I never fell breaking a leg, nor am I willing this to happen in the USA but you can never be sure. When you give me an estimate could you please tell me what is covered and what is not? I am asking this for my own and my family tranquillity, because by no means I am willing to put my family household goods at risk.

As an estimate I was told by the association that reviewed my CV and is currently looking for suitable traineeships that insurance would cost me around $40 a month but I honestly do not trust this figure since it seems low, plus I do not know what is covered and what is not?

I would like to thank you for your attention. I am looking forward to a reply.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X