Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

issue while applying for social security card

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mohannksr
    Member
    • Mar 2013
    • 2

    #1

    issue while applying for social security card

    hi,


    i came to US before a month in H1B visa from INDIA.


    Name in both passport ,visa, i94.

    Firstname:MOHANZZZ (8 character)
    Surname:YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ(total 32 character)


    Since the last name is too long my application got rejected while applying for social security card.

    Please let me know the solution.

    1.whether i have to shorten my last name in passport and visa to get social security card?
    2.If so what is the procedure to shorten my last name in passport ,visa?
    please let me the procedure without going to india?(if any)
  • mohannksr
    Member
    • Mar 2013
    • 2

    #2
    please post ur suggestions if any

    Comment

    • batool100
      Member
      • Jan 2014
      • 11

      #3
      I'm 16 right now and I want to apply for a social security card.
      The problem is ...
      I have not been in the US for years.
      I was born here, but left the country for Taiwan right after I was born.

      Do I have to present other documents for applying?
      And is it possible to apply it not in the US? If so, where?

      Comment

      • rayb
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2013
        • 6273

        #4
        You were probably issued an SSN automatically at birth. Most U.S. Embassies have SSA (Social Security Administration) assigned to the Embassy.
        Get a copy of your U.S. birth cert and make an inquiry of the Social Security staff at the U.S. Embassy in Taiwan.

        --Ray B

        Originally posted by batool100 View Post
        I'm 16 right now and I want to apply for a social security card.
        The problem is ...
        I have not been in the US for years.
        I was born here, but left the country for Taiwan right after I was born.

        Do I have to present other documents for applying?
        And is it possible to apply it not in the US? If so, where?

        Comment

        {{modal[0].title}}

        X

        {{modal[0].content}}

        {{promo.content}}

        Working...