Living Conditions in Manila, Philippines Bad for Her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living Conditions in Manila, Philippines Bad for Her

My fiancee, now in Manila, is at a place where there are bugs, ants, ticks, bed bugs, lice in the hair of the teenager, and fleas. The people she lives with are, to my standards, dirty (I am sorry if this offends anyone). The people are used to these conditions. My finances says this is a squatters place. So, she is getting bitten by bugs, bumps on her, and eventually not going to look good in a medical. Of course her health. This place is close to the Embassy. She has no place else to go, and we do not have money for her to be at a hotel or something. Bed and Breakfast? I could not afford that, and I am currently supporting her now. So I do not know what to do. Any time I mention certain medicines or things I would do in America, it is always "too expensive" to do there. She is getting eaten and if she stays, which does not want to because she is getting rashes on her by bugs, people she interviews for anything will think she is dirty. The people she living with will do nothing. They even keep touching her stuff (toilettes and clothes, shampoo and hairbrush are used by people with lice, and she can not hide any of it) is basically all she has, except for things from me. Even some money was stolen.

I do not know what to do for her. She has no place else to go, and we not even have NOA2 yet.

What can she do? Where can she go that is safe? Cheap? Safe and cheap? I can get her maybe (USD) $200-300 a month, but anything else, I will not have for basic needs here. If she lived here, we be under same roof and food, but the government does not care to rush for us it seems.

Any thoughts that could work? Please.

Thank you.
    Last edited by NoOneShouldStopLove; 12-26-2015, 02:39 PM.

So how did your babe survive before you got involved in her life? What you are describing sounds like a common foreign fiancee ploy to encourage you to increase the allowance.

Unless her family is in Manila, there is no reason to stay there. It's more expense and more dangerous than most of the provinces, so where are her relatives? She doesn't need to be in Manila until her medical exam and Embassy interview come up and then only for a week or so.

--Ray B

Originally posted by NoOneShouldStopLove View Post
    My fiancee, now in Manila, is at a place where there are bugs, ants, ticks, bed bugs, lice in the hair of the teenager, and fleas. The people she lives with are, to my standards, dirty (I am sorry if this offends anyone). The people are used to these conditions. My finances says this is a squatters place. So, she is getting bitten by bugs, bumps on her, and eventually not going to look good in a medical. Of course her health. This place is close to the Embassy. She has no place else to go, and we do not have money for her to be at a hotel or something. Bed and Breakfast? I could not afford that, and I am currently supporting her now. So I do not know what to do. Any time I mention certain medicines or things I would do in America, it is always "too expensive" to do there. She is getting eaten and if she stays, which does not want to because she is getting rashes on her by bugs, people she interviews for anything will think she is dirty. The people she living with will do nothing. They even keep touching her stuff (toilettes and clothes, shampoo and hairbrush are used by people with lice, and she can not hide any of it) is basically all she has, except for things from me. Even some money was stolen.

I do not know what to do for her. She has no place else to go, and we not even have NOA2 yet.

What can she do? Where can she go that is safe? Cheap? Safe and cheap? I can get her maybe (USD) $200-300 a month, but anything else, I will not have for basic needs here. If she lived here, we be under same roof and food, but the government does not care to rush for us it seems.

Any thoughts that could work? Please.

Thank you.

Comment

No ploys. Her family are money hungry. She had to leave, pressuring her to get more money. She is not materialistic. The only reason she in Manila was to leave the money abusive family of Iloilo. She left Singapore, to Iloilo, because of the abusiveness of the employers. She got paid very low for years from them. Barely had money for herself. They held her pay a lot too. She only moved to Manila last month because a friend of her's (let us call her Jane since I do not recall the name) has family there, so my fiancee moved in with Jane's family and this is the current situation. She has no place to go that is safe. Any other friends left in Singapore. Her family in Philippines were supposed tot take care of her, but they used her instead. We were praying not to even be waiting for the NOA2 but it has been 60 days now.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X