Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce Help Needed

Divorce Help Needed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
    I am a girl working in US on H1. I got married in my home country 3 months ago. It was an "ARRANGED MARRIAGE" and I known the guy only from 10 days before my marriage.

After marriage I was in my home country for 2 weeks to process the H4 formalities for my husband. We came to US after the paperwork for my husband is finished and he got the H4 visa.

During my days in my home country I observed some absurd behavior in my husband (before and after marriage). BUT his parents covered a lot for that guy's behavior in many situations.

We came here 2 months ago. I started observing many abnormalities in his every day behavior in all the daily petty issues. He used to HARASS ME for everything & doubted me for everything I did and also started suspecting me and my past relations (which never existed). He always called his parents back home and wanted them to enquire about my past IN MY PRESENCE to threaten me.

One fine day I proposed on going back to our home country to fix the issues and start afresh. He did not agree on RETURNING TO OUR HOME COUNTRY and insisted me to divorce him.

I called his elder sister who lives in NJ to resolve the issues. Upon very lengthy conversations & discussions during which my husband DENIED proposing a divorce, his sister & her husband(who came from NJ) informed me that my husband is mentally challenged. I was greatly surprised (not a complete shock due to his earlier behavior towards me). They took my husband to NJ and PROMISED ME to send him back to my home country in the next 1 or 2 weeks and resolve the issues. THEY DID NOT GIVE ME THEIR ADDRESS IN NJ.

BUT now, after 2 weeks, my husband is in NJ and having fun clubbing around (which I knew through Orkut Pics in his id). I have a strong feeling that they are planning an alternate to have him in US and find a new relation or something like that.

I want to send him back to my home country and file for a divorce here or in my home country.

What options do I have?
    What is the best way to proceed?
    Do I need any strong reasons since I do not have any proof that he is mentally challenged?
    SHOULD I CALL THE COPS AND HAVE HIM TAKEN IN CUSTODY AND DEPORT TO MY HOME COUNTRY?

Please help me in this issue so that guy will not cheat on someone else & I want to come out of this as less exposed as possible.

Your expert responses are extremely highly appraciated. Thanks!!!

Pls help me ,i dont have anyone who are there for me in life..as i lost my mom..and no family for me..i am an individual girl

Sorry about what you are going through. I am not sure to what extent you were harassed, but in the US you can report him for that.
    And for you to strip him off his H4 status, you can do it since you are on H1 and he is the dependant. But for this I think they may ask for proof that you divorced him. You need to meet a good lawyer.It may cost you but this is a serious issue and to get your mind cleared,consult with a attorney instead of looking for answers online.Dont think am being rude, but you need to see a lawyer for this.Ask your friends for suggestions.
    Last edited by topcatin; 01-07-2008, 04:49 PM.
    Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X