incorrect date of birth in DHS records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• incorrect date of birth in DHS records

I came here a month back and having the problem getting SSN. I am on L2 visa. Last week I went to SSA office to apply for the SSN. They told me that my date of birth in the DHS records in the system is not correct and that they will not process my SSN until I get it correct. They asked me to goto the local USCIS office. I did go to the USCIS office and they told me that they donot process non-immigrant data and my "I-94 record in the system" has incorrect DOB so i should post a form (I-539). I really don't think that its the correct form, I- 539 is used for extending the duration of stay in US. All my documents viz Passport, Visa, petition and I-94 have correct date of birth. I have called up the call center many times even they are not able to tell. Infact they asked me to go to the local office again and meet their senior executive.

It would be of great help if someone could suggest me the right way to get the details corrected. I have faced many problems because of this issue, unable to get SSN, licence, work permit..and so on.

Regards

Same issue

We also have same issue. SSN office is asking us to go to USCIS office. We are suppose to go there in a day or two. I will post myt exp. In between if some one knows , please help us out.

Comment

Resolved !!!

Hello All,

You just need to go to Port of Authority office at any airport. Passport would be sufficient to carry but you can keep DOB certificate. Please check the timing at airport before you go. Look for dept called "Defered inspection" if you have to find Tele no. They will immediately correct the information and give you new copy of I-94.

After that you can call SSN office again and ask them to retry the application with Homeland security. They should be able to search and process application now.

Hope this helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X