common law spouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• common law spouse

My boy friend and I have live together in a same resident for 12 years continously in California. And out of blue, he got into a marriage fraud at the church to help a fellow member to gain green card without telling me about it. He used my address for both him and the bride in his immigration paper and his marriage certificate (of course I don't know any of this at the time and never know this lady).
    He challenged me to sue him that he committed bigamy. I own the house, both his name and mine on credit card, on mortgage loan (he withdrew his name from the house already).

If I report USCIS that his marriage is fraudulent and stated that he violated bigamy law and they will fail the interview? And of course she won't get the green card?

I think it is a continuation of this thread here....

Common law marriages are not recognized by USCIS. Only legal marriages are and so there is no polygamy involved here. It may look like some frustrated ex-girlfriend trying to take revenge on a ex-boyfriend to USCIS if he and the legal wife claim they are in a true marriage.

As long as you are not legally married to this person, you have no say in it. But it looks like a sham marriage if it was just for the purpose of green card and USCIS will find out during the interview as they verify joint accounts, home/apt lease, any items to prove they live together, they even go to the extent of separating the two people and questioning them and later tally the answers.
    Last edited by txh1b; 04-23-2008, 06:14 PM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X