Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment not Paid for the Contract Term

Hi ,

I'm posting a question, which I really dont know if its relevant to post it here or not.

I recently worked on 1 month contract in Jan 2008 and left
    that client because I didn't like the work.

But my vendor didn't pay my employer the payment till now im supposed to get for this 1 month.

The vendor never replies my/my employers call nor he replies through mail. It's already been 4 months delayed.

I have the approved time sheets as a proof of my work. My employer has the contract agreement signed between him and the vendor as a proof.

So Can anyone help me how to act on this situation ? is there a way I can recover the money from the vendor ?

Thanks
    Payal

It is your employer's headache to recover that money, not yours. That is the sole reason you are an employee and the employer runs a business.

If you are on H1b, all you care about is getting paid from the employer. How they recover the money from the vendor is their problem.
    Last edited by txh1b; 05-14-2008, 10:18 PM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

But my employer himself is in a situation of what to do as the vendor is not responding. So is there a way to file a case against the vendor legally ?

Comment

You are a third party to the claim and you cannot sue the vendor. The employer and vendor are the direct parties in this issue and the employer can file a claim in the court against the vendor. If the vendor does not show up, then the default judgement will be given and your employer can go after the vendor putting a lien on the property or things of that nature.

You don't have a claim.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Yep, you can't really do anything but bug your employer to keep following up on it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X