Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any help at all

Hello all,

I am trying to help out an acquaintance of mine. She came to this country as a 3 year-old with her family and her visa expired in 1995. As she is 21 now, it is obvious that she was not responsible for the expiration of her visa 13 years ago. She is aware that she is in the country illegally, she is estranged from her parents, and has recently given birth to a child, who is a U.S. citizen. What steps do we need to take to at least get this process started? I would like some helpful advice as to where to start in all this. I do know that she does not know what type of visa she had, and she cannot obtain any type of photo identification, yet she does have a legally-obtained Social Security Card that she received as a child. Clearly, our next step is to find an immigration attorney, but cost is an issue, as she cannot find gainful employment with a newborn and no ID. If anyone could please let us know what our options would be, vis-a-vis obtaining a work permit so that she can get some Identification and start the process of getting legalized without having to leave the country. She has nowhere to go outside of the States, which has been her only home in her memory.

Thanks in advance for any possible advice you could give.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X