Apartment Leasing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apartment Leasing

I am in the same apartment for 4 year. The current lease expires end of Feb 2009.
    THere was a complaint from neighbour about a bad adaour and another one about kids are running and jumping.

I have received a letter from leasing office that they will not be renewing my lease after this current term. And If they receive another complaint, they may ask me to vacate the apartment in 24 hour.

I want to know,
    1. For these silly reasons, can they send me out?
    2. What If I do not vacate in 24 hours
    3. Should I go leagal help if the suituation happens, though I am ok to leave as long as I do not need to pay the rent for the rest of the period. But the leasing doc say they will collect the rent for the rest of the month.

Need help..I am having two kids, some time they do dance and play..that I can not watch all the time!

Tough one ...

... if the complaints against you and your family are genuine.

If you have not contested the complaints and they're indeed true, then yes the management has the right to ask you to vacate the premises, though not necessarily with a 24 hour period.

If you do have problems with your neighbors then its in your best interest to find another place.

If you have evidence or strong reasons that the complaints were false then you need to write back to your management by at least certified USPS mail.

If the situation is too bad, then you need to consult an attorney who may charge you about $250 or so and help you contest the same.

Do understand that whatever's considered "silly" for you may not be the same for others. Sorry I will not be able to discuss the specifics of your case herein due to various reasons.

Good luck.

Originally posted by sankarimmihelp
    I am in the same apartment for 4 year. The current lease expires end of Feb 2009.
    THere was a complaint from neighbour about a bad adaour and another one about kids are running and jumping.

I have received a letter from leasing office that they will not be renewing my lease after this current term. And If they receive another complaint, they may ask me to vacate the apartment in 24 hour.

I want to know,
    1. For these silly reasons, can they send me out?
    2. What If I do not vacate in 24 hours
    3. Should I go leagal help if the suituation happens, though I am ok to leave as long as I do not need to pay the rent for the rest of the period. But the leasing doc say they will collect the rent for the rest of the month.

Need help..I am having two kids, some time they do dance and play..that I can not watch all the time!

Comment

Makes me feel better

Thank you very much..I feel better as long as I can contest against the complaint.

I was reading the complaint once again, it does not talk about the real problem, instead it says that the children were running and jumping in your apartment home. It does not say what that caused or what kind of disturbance they had. I think my children has all the rights to run and jump ofcourse not badly.

I do not know whether I can say it is not a complaint at all. And it will help me in case. Only evidence is there were few children at my home. That can not prove any disturbance, I believe.

Should I wait for the next time, it may be the last time I may deal with them, or contest now itself.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanking you,
      Sankar.

Comment

That, would be ...

... completely your decision. Based on the specific situation you will need to decide whether to take any action immediately or wait for another complaint to be filed.

I cannot advice you on that subject matter.

Personally, I would at the least reply back with a very polite yet firm letter explaining the facts and somehow wording it that the complaint is baseless.

That way I have my records straightened up.

Good luck.

Comment

and look for a ground floor accomadation. I do not know what you call for a ground floor accomadation in USA?

Comment

Perfect! Ground floor in US is first floor!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X