Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport with H4 stamp lost and then found

Hi Guys,

I am going through an interesting situation right now. My Wife who is on H4 visa had lost her passport 3 weeks back. We applied for a new passport in San Francisco Consulate and we got it last week.

Now we got the lost passport (got a letter from police that the bag has been recovered and it has the lost passport in it).

Now here is my question:

1) Can we ask Indian consulate to cancel the new passport, so that we can go with the old one? We have *not* notified to UCICS or US embassy for lost of VISA yet.
    2) If Indian consulate denies to go as per #1, then can we use the I-94 (which is on old passport), to exit US, or we will need to apply a new one?

I would really appreciate if I can get any help on this. I thank in advance to folks who will reply on this.

Thanks,
    Vishal

Found lost passport

Hey did happen find what need to be done when we get the old passport, cause my situation is similar as yours. I lost my indian passport with valid F1 visa and then got my duplicate passport. Now after 4 months I found my lost passport, can I cancel my old passport but still use that with my visa/?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X