Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with the status please!

Hello all,
    I had applied for GC through EB2 with NIW but was rejected the 1st time. So, I appealed against the decision. When I check my present status, it says it has been referred to the local office in Miami but initial review is highlighted. I have to be in India in June. With this happening, I am really confused about the status of my application. If anybody can please help me with what is happening in the process and also let know if my India plans will be affected, I would be very thankful.
    Thank you!!

Originally posted by katzie19 View Post
    Hello all,
    I had applied for GC through EB2 with NIW but was rejected the 1st time. So, I appealed against the decision. When I check my present status, it says it has been referred to the local office in Miami but initial review is highlighted. I have to be in India in June. With this happening, I am really confused about the status of my application. If anybody can please help me with what is happening in the process and also let know if my India plans will be affected, I would be very thankful.
    Thank you!!
    If you currently have a valid H1B visa which will cover the period you intend to visit India, then you should be fine to visit. Having said this, it will be good to hear this from a person who has done this. I wanted to ask you as to how long does the process of appealing against the decision take?

Comment

Originally posted by Indo American View Post
      If you currently have a valid H1B visa which will cover the period you intend to visit India, then you should be fine to visit. Having said this, it will be good to hear this from a person who has done this. I wanted to ask you as to how long does the process of appealing against the decision take?
      Did you mean to say 'filing the appeal'? I think we were given 60 days to file the appeal. About the decision, we are told by our lawyer that they take about a year before they answer to our appeal but another did say that as the I140 processing time is current, we may get the result very soon.
      That is the reason we are confused about the current status!!!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X