EB1 without an U.S job yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB1 without an U.S job yet.

I have a PhD (economics) in an American University. My friend introduced me to her lawyer who suggests me try getting green card by EB1. I'm an assistant professor overseas. No American job yet. I almost got H1B last year, but the evil company used the H1B to force me to do something illegal that I had to quit. I should have 4 publications and 2 conference accepted papers by this summer. really want to evaluate my shot before filing NIW. I have a couple questions.

1. For the letters of recommendation, is it the case that the more, the better? Do the fame and number of publications of the referees matter? How about the position of the referees (like Dean)? Has he/she be Americans? Can he be a professor in Math but has publications in giant finance journal and teaching finance courses?

2. In academia, if you publish more than one papers in the same journal, people tend to weight it down a little. Is it the case for NIW?

3. How about writing an article in a newspaper? Does it carry the same weight as journal publication?

4. If the first NIW attempt fails, would it affect the second attempt?

5. If one paper is published in a journal and also presented in a conference, is it counted as one scholarly work or two?

6. The lawyer said that if I havce 4-5 publications and accepted conference papers combined, he will be very confident. How true is it?

7. At the end of day, what do you think about my shot?

thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X