Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please evaluate my EB1A eligibility

Hi,

I am looking for an opinion from expert for qualitying EB1A outstanding application and chances
    - Holding Ph.D electrical and electronics engineering
    - 13 years of experience in software development/architect experience .working at a top tier service firm
    - 2 years teaching experience
    - 8 research papers ,first author (6 international journals ,2 International Conference) but having only 10 citations. Two are in very good journals
    - IoT architect certified
    - Reviewer for two international journal and editorial board in one international journal
    - invited talks
    - Currently living in india
    - Can get recommendation letters

Please suggest
    Thanks

Originally posted by shapradha View Post
    Hi,

I am looking for an opinion from expert for qualitying EB1A outstanding application and chances
    - Holding Ph.D electrical and electronics engineering
    - 13 years of experience in software development/architect experience .working at a top tier service firm
    - 2 years teaching experience
    - 8 research papers ,first author (6 international journals ,2 International Conference) but having only 10 citations. Two are in very good journals
    - IoT architect certified
    - Reviewer for two international journal and editorial board in one international journal
    - invited talks
    - Currently living in india
    - Can get recommendation letters

Please suggest
    Thanks
    One major red flag would be: Is your PhD related to your current work? If not, then PhD does not do much. Also, for EB1A the onus is on the applicant to prove that he/she meets atleast the required number of criteria, and is considered a world renowned expert in their field. To that end the editorial board membership helps. Reviewing journal papers by itself does not confer this, since USCIS has often claimed that reviewing papers is a responsibility that comes with being an active member of the scientific community. I would say the biggest weakness in your case would be establishing that you are not just another software developer who happens to have a PhD.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Please evaluate my EB1A eligibility

Thanks for your quick response.

My Ph.D is related to my current work and in the same specialization . Also i can get recommendation letters proving that i am working as a subject matter expert in one or more area and developed many software products. Does membership in IEEE or any other body helps to improve my chance?

Comment

Originally posted by shapradha View Post
        Thanks for your quick response.

My Ph.D is related to my current work and in the same specialization . Also i can get recommendation letters proving that i am working as a subject matter expert in one or more area and developed many software products. Does membership in IEEE or any other body helps to improve my chance?
        Membership of a prestigious body is a criterion to demonstrate that you are an outstanding researcher. However, membership of IEEE (or for that matter any other professional body) is not enough, since USCIS has said that anyone is eligible to become a member of IEEE, and since there exists no constraints that the membership is limited to a select few, the fact that IEEE is a very reputed organization is not enough to confer outstanding researcher qualifications to all its members. So, though your membership cannot be used to satisfy one of the qualifying criteria for EB1A, you can use it to bolster your case. Best of luck.
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

You don't qualify. 8 for engineering is too low of a count. Maybe if you got 8 in finance or accounting.

Comment

Working...
          X