Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed in finding an attorney

Hi all,
    I am an Asst Prof and am planning to apply for Green Card as Outstanding Researcher. I think I have enough credentials.

I have spoken to two attorneys till now but for some reason I was not completely impressed by them. **** **.com seems to be charging around 8000$ + costs which is more than double of what the attorneys I spoke to are charging? Does anyone think those charges are justfied.

Further, can some one kindly send me your attorney details and if he/she did a good job.

Thanks in advance,
    Vamsi

I made a successful application (I-140) for both EB1/EA and EB1/OR at about the same time. Actually, I prepared my application for EB1/EA, and then my employer said that he would be willing to sponsor EB1/OR. When I talked to the lawyer, he said that he wasn't impressed. But I submitted the same application that I had prepared for EB1/EA to the lawyer anyway, and he submitted it with minor changes. Both the applications were made at the same time, and EB1/EA was accepted in just under two months, and EB1/OR in just over two months. So don't be put down, go ahead.

You will have to do a lot of research yourself. Once you start talking to the lawyers, you'll realize that they can just give you advice and direction, and effectively, you'll be preparing your own application.

Comment

Hi,

I am a physician. I have I-140 approvals in EB1-EA and EB2-NIW (not manpower shortage area) categories. I have utilized attorney's help in filing my petitions.

You will have to do majority of work in gathering technical information regarding your case such as:
      1. Preparing your CV
      2. Preparing your list of citations.
      3. Contacting your referees and gathering recommendation letters.
      4. Explaining the relevance of your work and why it should be considered extraordinary.

A good attorney may help you compile, critique and prepare a legal framework for the petition.

You may also want to show your application to some people for feedback - a person who has gone through such process will be a valuable asset.

Finally, the approvals for these categories are dependent up on the discretion of reviewing officer at the USCIS.

Good Luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X