NIW minimum publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIW minimum publications

Hi I have a Masters degree in Public health and am currently working in the field of cancer research. Could anyone please tell me what is an average number of publications that is considered decent for any chances for NIW?

Can't say for NIW, but my EB1/OR and EB1/EA petitions were accepted with three journal papers, and about five conference presentations. I also had a contribution in a book, and a research report.

Comment

I have both EB1-EA and EB2-NIW based approvals. It is the quality of work and its relevance that will be the ultimate deciding factor. EB2-NIW rests on the famous NY Department of Transport case ruling. You have to satisfy 3-pronged criteria:

1. The field of your work has substantial intrinsic merit ie. the field of your work is extremely relevant for the society.
      2. Your contribution in the field has substantial intrinsic merit ie. your contribution is relevant to your professional society.
      3. Finally, pursuing labor certification process would be against National Interest. This is hard to prove. General argment is that if you have satisfied criteria 1 & 2, you should be able to qualify for the 3rd criteria since this category is meant for people like you who have demonstrated their work to hold substanatial intrinsic merit in a field that by itself holds substanatial intrinsic merit.

Good Luck.

Comment

how many conference papers

thank you for your information. these are my qualifications?

- have 18 years experience in agriculture and rural development in my country
        - have master's at Brandeis University
        - member of an international organization
        - received local citations from NGOs, business groups and local government units for my professional works

just want to ask you regarding number of and quality of papers presented and published in international conferencers?

i have 1 paper and 6 abstracts presented and published in 2 books, 4 papers presented, more than 10 abstracts accepted for presentation. They are all in the internet.

Do you think I can qualify in EB2-NIW?

Thank you.

Victor

Originally posted by EB1EA
        Can't say for NIW, but my EB1/OR and EB1/EA petitions were accepted with three journal papers, and about five conference presentations. I also had a contribution in a book, and a research report.

Comment

"thank you for your information. these are my qualifications?

- have 18 years experience in agriculture and rural development in my country
          - have master's at Brandeis University
          - member of an international organization
          - received local citations from NGOs, business groups and local government units for my professional works

just want to ask you regarding number of and quality of papers presented and published in international conferencers?

i have 1 paper and 6 abstracts presented and published in 2 books, 4 papers presented, more than 10 abstracts accepted for presentation. They are all in the internet.

Do you think I can qualify in EB2-NIW?"

Hi.

You have to demonstrate that the field of your interest has an intrinsic value - some important issue that your profession is trying to address. Your work in that field is a significant contribution to the understanding of the stated field of work - supported by number of citations, level of journal/s where your work was published, level of meeting or conference where you study was presented. You would also need people from your profession who are themselves qualified and achieved significant eminence to submit recommendation on your behalf. You may benefit from some legal help to develop a framework for submitting your application.

Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X