Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB1 Qualifications

Hello!

I would like some advice. I'm currently a professor of electrical engineering in Malaysia. I am 56 years old and I am a citizen of India. I am also a permanent resident of Malaysia. I would like to retire in the US.

I graduated from high school in Bombay in 1966 and I went to study in the US at MIT. I received my BS in electrical engineering from MIT in 1970, an MS in electrical engineering from Princeton in 1972, and a PhD in electrical engineering from Stanford in 1976. I also graduated with an MBA from Harvard in 1988.

I worked in the telecommunications industry in Germany for 10 years (from 1976 to 1986). When I left Siemens to pursue my MBA at Harvard, I was a VP of a product development group.

When I got my MBA from Harvard, I decided to stay in academia. I was an assistant professor of applied physics in an Australian university for 4 years (from 1988 to 1992).

I was an associate professor of applied physics in a French university for 4 years (from 1992 to 1996).

I became a full professor of electrical engineering in a Malaysian university in 1996, and I have been working as a full professor for the past 8 years.

I have published over 150 papers since getting my PhD some 28 years ago.

My wife and I would like to immigrate to the US because all my four children are now studying there.

Do I need a job to immigrate there? Would I be able to qualify under the EB1 category? I have saved up enough money to retire now.

Bala
    Last edited by lilwing2005; 01-03-2005, 12:13 AM.

U do not need a job as u will have to petition for urself. But with 150 papers and work experience in academia u r almost sure to get eb1 approved.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X