Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions requested for EB1-1

Hello Everybody:

I am currently a postdoctoral fellow employed for last two years at a reputed medical school in USA working on cancer biology. I will appreciate any suggestions/comments regarding my eligibility to qualify for EB1-Extraordinary ability.

1. Ph.D. Biomedical Sciences with Distinction from USA.
    2. Publications till date: 6 in international cancer research journals (journal impact factor ranging from 5-9). Additional 3 publications are expected within 2-3 months.
    3. Citations till date: 18
    4. Reviewer of International journals. Articles reviewed: 3
    5. Member of 5 American Scientific Societies. Nominated by peers and inducted into the society.
    6. Won international Travel Award- 4 times to present my work in international meetings.
    7. Won 4 research presentation awards (3 times--first prize; 1-second place) by Graduate school.
    8. Won 4 outstanding graduate student awards by Graduate school.
    9. Awarded Doctoral Fellowship by US. Department of Defense to conduct cancer research. Total fund: $100,000
    10. Publications highlighted by press-release and funding organizations.
    11. Conference presentations and proceedings published: 14
    12. Invited speaker at Medical Schools (total two) and international conference outside US (one).
    12. Previous Research findings currently used by leading pharmaceutical company for drug development. Cited my publications in company website, and can get letters.
    13. Can get **0 letters from peers in my field supporting my applications.

Thanks so much for your time.
    Best.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Dear Cancer Researcher

I am in the same boat as you. While I may not be the expert in this field, below are some thoughts.....please think about them.
      1) I have very similar qualifications as you....even the area of research is cancer. My university is doing EB-1b. If you can pursuade your employer...I think you will be much better off.
      2) Acceptance rates of EB-1b are more than 90% as compared to about 50% for EB-1a
      3) If you have to file for EB1-EA then do EB2-NIW at the same time. It is not fast but it is not THAT slow too these days.
      4) Another suggestion is to get international letters of recommendation from independent people.

I hope the best for you.

I understand your frustration. I am in the same boat....I recently met a guy (due to industry collaboration on my project) who had Phd in Chemistry (TOTAL 3 publications). His company sponsored EB1-b and he got it. I am a patient person who does not feel jealous very easily. But this case made me freaking mad. I have been working on my application for the past 8 months and still no guarantee! The funniest part was when he started giving me advice! Anyways, please think about this and pray for a good result.

Comment

who can be categorized as independent people

Originally posted by IgotHerpes View Post
        Dear Cancer Researcher

I am in the same boat as you. While I may not be the expert in this field, below are some thoughts.....please think about them.
        1) I have very similar qualifications as you....even the area of research is cancer. My university is doing EB-1b. If you can pursuade your employer...I think you will be much better off.
        2) Acceptance rates of EB-1b are more than 90% as compared to about 50% for EB-1a
        3) If you have to file for EB1-EA then do EB2-NIW at the same time. It is not fast but it is not THAT slow too these days.
        4) Another suggestion is to get international letters of recommendation from independent people.

I hope the best for you.

I understand your frustration. I am in the same boat....I recently met a guy (due to industry collaboration on my project) who had Phd in Chemistry (TOTAL 3 publications). His company sponsored EB1-b and he got it. I am a patient person who does not feel jealous very easily. But this case made me freaking mad. I have been working on my application for the past 8 months and still no guarantee! The funniest part was when he started giving me advice! Anyways, please think about this and pray for a good result.

international letters of recommendation from independent people: Who can be included in this list? anyone with whom I have not collaborated in person or do not have any publication with.
        If they have collaborations with any of my co authors , would that cause it to be not considered as independent?
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gr8myth View Post
          international letters of recommendation from independent people: Who can be included in this list? anyone with whom I have not collaborated in person or do not have any publication with.
          If they have collaborations with any of my co authors , would that cause it to be not considered as independent?
          Thanks
          As per my lawyer, international letters help for EB1. This is because in EB1 you can show the international impact of your work. In NIW it is important to show the national impact. As per my lawyer, international letters, whether they collaborated with you or not are good. I got three of these, one that I had collaborated with and two I had not. I had just met them in conferences and requested them for help. Tell them clearly why you need these and usually most of them are nice enough to write one for you.

Disclaimer: This is as per my lawyer's advice and what I am doing. I myself is not a lawyer. Also, case to case differences are present. So, please make sure to talk about your case with a lawyer too. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by IgotHerpes View Post
            As per my lawyer, international letters help for EB1. This is because in EB1 you can show the international impact of your work. In NIW it is important to show the national impact. As per my lawyer, international letters, whether they collaborated with you or not are good. I got three of these, one that I had collaborated with and two I had not. I had just met them in conferences and requested them for help. Tell them clearly why you need these and usually most of them are nice enough to write one for you.

Disclaimer: This is as per my lawyer's advice and what I am doing. I myself is not a lawyer. Also, case to case differences are present. So, please make sure to talk about your case with a lawyer too. Good luck
            Thank you. As advised I got in touch with few , 3 from US and 1 from Germany agreed. None of them have coallaborated with me, but know me , my research group and PhD adisor. We have met at different conferences. I am not sure if they will be considered as independent reviewers who are objectively reviewing the case, or subjectively!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X