Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labor cleared thru Perm

Hi,

A friend of mine appplied for his GC under the new Perm process and his labor cleared in a week ! yeah it is quite amazing. He applied on the 12th of July and on 17th his labor was cleared.

My company has already applied for my GC through the normal/regular process way back in May 2003.My case I suppose is still in the backlog center as I haven't heard about it for ages now.I need some advice here and its important.After hearing the first case of labor clearance through Perm I am also keen on applying for my GC through Perm.I do not want to apply through my company for the second GC application under Perm.Here are few things bothering me:

1: Can I apply for GC through another company while working for my present company?
    2: Are there any companies around who are willing to file my second GC in lieu of a bond that I may sign with them to work?

3: I do not want to risk cancelling my already going on GC application as if my Perm gets rejected I may be no where.

4: Most importanly will my GC application under Perm get effected by the fact that I have worked with my current company for over 5 years but have no work experience with the new company filling my new GC application ( what i know of GC is mainly for future employment)

Your veiws and knowledge will be higly valuable.Last but not the least I am even willing to pay for my Perm application incase any company wants me to.. do I stand a chance??

Hope to hear from you guys...

Thanks

as far as i know, there is nothing to stopping you for applying for labor through other companies. you are allowed to have multiple labor petitions as labor approval is for the employer and not meant for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ndelhi
      Hi,

A friend of mine appplied for his GC under the new Perm process and his labor cleared in a week ! yeah it is quite amazing. He applied on the 12th of July and on 17th his labor was cleared.

My company has already applied for my GC through the normal/regular process way back in May 2003.My case I suppose is still in the backlog center as I haven't heard about it for ages now.I need some advice here and its important.After hearing the first case of labor clearance through Perm I am also keen on applying for my GC through Perm.I do not want to apply through my company for the second GC application under Perm.Here are few things bothering me:

1: Can I apply for GC through another company while working for my present company?
      2: Are there any companies around who are willing to file my second GC in lieu of a bond that I may sign with them to work?

3: I do not want to risk cancelling my already going on GC application as if my Perm gets rejected I may be no where.

4: Most importanly will my GC application under Perm get effected by the fact that I have worked with my current company for over 5 years but have no work experience with the new company filling my new GC application ( what i know of GC is mainly for future employment)

Your veiws and knowledge will be higly valuable.Last but not the least I am even willing to pay for my Perm application incase any company wants me to.. do I stand a chance??

Hope to hear from you guys...

Thanks
      Don't be so jealous of your colleague; an approved LC is no good unless the applicant has a current Priority Date. Your colleague's Priority Date is July 12, 2005. Yours is May 2003. See? See? See how you will win in the end?

Stick with your pending LC. There's no way your colleague's PD will become current while you keep waiting for your LC. Trust me, you'll get to file the 485 before him.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X