8th year H-1B Application from Outside US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8th year H-1B Application from Outside US

I am in my 7th year of H-1B which was approved based on a pending appeal with AAO. This appeal is now denied and I don't have enough time to wait for approval of a PERM and subsequent approval of I-140 before I can apply for 8th year H-1B. At the end of 7th year, I have to leave US, so in about 3 months.

My question is can my employer file for H-1B when the I-140 is approved? I will be outside the US so it will be an H-1B extension with consular processing. OR Do I have to go restart the whole process of staying outside US for one year and go through Lottery.

Thanks.

Has your employer begun the PERM process yet? Recruiting, etc. They don't sound like they actually care whether you stay

Comment

Originally posted by lostpacket View Post
      I am in my 7th year of H-1B which was approved based on a pending appeal with AAO. This appeal is now denied and I don't have enough time to wait for approval of a PERM and subsequent approval of I-140 before I can apply for 8th year H-1B. At the end of 7th year, I have to leave US, so in about 3 months.

My question is can my employer file for H-1B when the I-140 is approved? I will be outside the US so it will be an H-1B extension with consular processing. OR Do I have to go restart the whole process of staying outside US for one year and go through Lottery.

Thanks.
      Yes once your I140 is approved, your employer can However, a H1 can be extended only if there is time left on that petition. So I would recommend leaving the US ASAP so that you will have time left on your H1, which can then be filed for extension.
      Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X