Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master's degree to file under EB2

Hello everyone, I wanted some input here:

I am currently in the process of obtaining my MBA, and will be done in May 2007. I am also working full time and am on H1B. My employer has agreed to sponsor my green card and can start the process immediately.

My question is: Should I finish my MBA and then file the GC under EB2 classification? I heard that it is the original employment offer that is counted in the GC process (i.e., I was hired because I had a Bachelor's degree, but the job does not require a Masters). Is that true? So essentially, getting an advanced degree does not count since only the original employment requirments are considered?

My second question then follows: is the loophole there that I can ask my employer to re-hire me for a job (new offer letter) that does require a Masters? In that case, would I have to file a new H1 even though it is for the same company, but different job (kinda like a promotion)?

Would really appreciate some help on this. Seeing the backlog situation, it seems logical to finish an advanced degree if it would help me a bit!

Thanks!!

It really doesnt matter. I know people who have 3 advanced degrees and are stuck badly in the retrogression. the sooner you apply the better our chances of ever getting a green card.

Comment

Getting an advanced degree does not count. The reason is you were hired because you had a Bachelor's degree. And your current job does not require a masters degree.

So only the original employment requirments are considered.
      Last edited by razors_edge; 08-31-2006, 04:22 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X