Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to write EB2 Job Description ?

Firends

You have posted a lot of valuable information on this forum. I think may be you can help me out with writing job description.

My intention is to apply for EB2. I have MS in EE form US and BS in EE from home (4 yrs degree). I work in my present company for 15 months on contract and now for 14 months as a permanent employ. I also have 1 yr of experience after finishing my BS back home (before coming to US).

I discussed with my boss and asked him to put MS in the job description with OR. Thats what he put.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Bachelor of Science in Engineering and at least 3 additional years of experience in an engineering position OR Masters of Science in Engineering and at least 1 year of experience in an engineering position

I think he should put 5 years instead of 3. Now my question is, how we should put it so that MS** goes into Primary qualification. Should we put it like this.

Bachelor of Science in Engineering and at least 5 additional years of experience in an engineering position OR Masters of Science in Engineering and at least 1 year of experience in an engineering position
    --------------------------------------------------

or should we put it like this.

Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering and at least 1 year of experience in an engineering position OR equivalent*

- *Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and 5 years of progressive experience will substitute for Masters degree in Electrical Engineering and 1 year of such experience.

Now i think I will qualify for MS**. I have 15 months contracting experience and 14 months permenent job experience with my current employer.

Please advice about writing job description. Also, my jd for GC is very different then what I was hired for 14 months ago. They tried to make it more then 50% different.

Sincerely,

arafeen

For you MS + 1 yr experience as Sr Analyst/Programmer simple position will qualify EB2

Comment

Confused about equivalency of BS+5 and MS**

Great Guru.

I am still confused about equivalency of BS+5 or MS** thing.

How the job description should look like. If it is like this,

Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering and at least 1 year of experience in an engineering position OR equivalent*

- *Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and 5 years of progressive experience will substitute for Masters degree in Electrical Engineering and 1 year of such experience.

Is this the right way to write it. My company wants to add BS+5 in the job description. They are not comfortable just putting MS** without putting BS+5. Please guide.

Regards

Comment

Job Title
        Sr Electrical Engineer or Project Engineer (Electrical)

Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering and at least 1 year of experience in an engineering position

OR

Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and 5 years of progressive experience .

Originally posted by arafeen
        Great Guru.

I am still confused about equivalency of BS+5 or MS** thing.

How the job description should look like. If it is like this,

Is this the right way to write it. My company wants to add BS+5 in the job description. They are not comfortable just putting MS** without putting BS+5. Please guide.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by hdblue
          Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. Very useful for me. Your points of view make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Rgs
          Hi Arafeen,

I am facing similar kind of dilemma. So which of the below option did you put in the job description?

1) MS**.
          2) MS** or BS + 5

Also, has your PERM been filed and approved?
          Please let me know your status.

Thanks for your time,
          Shree

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X