Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Process for H1 Extension

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • abhayg4
    Member
    • Oct 2007
    • 356

    #1

    Process for H1 Extension

    Hi,

    I went through so many threads/posts regarding H1 Extension but little confused.Sorry for that.

    My query is:

    My H1 is valid till Feb '2010 ( i.e. completing 6 years)

    Filed for PERM/Labour last month i.e August '2008

    So what is the process of extension of H1.
    (i) Is my PERM/Labour should be approved before that?
    (ii) Is I-140 also should be approved before that or it should be just filed?
    i.e. Once my PERM is approved we will file for I-140 . So it needs to be approved before FEB'2010 for extension or even if it is pending - We can extend my H1 ?

    Thanks for your Help.

    --Abhay
  • txh1b
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2008
    • 11348

    #2
    As you have a labor petition filed 1 year before you complete 6 years, your H1b can be extended past the 6 years in 1 year increments as long as the I140 gets approved after which it can be extended in 3 year increments.

    I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

    Comment

    • abhayg4
      Member
      • Oct 2007
      • 356

      #3
      Thanks for the information/update

      Comment

      {{modal[0].title}}

      X

      {{modal[0].content}}

      {{promo.content}}

      Working...