Original labor certificate lost in mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original labor certificate lost in mail

I was out of the country for a month and had my mail put on hold. During this period, I got my labor certified and my attorney mailed the original PERM documents to me about three weeks back. My held mail was supposed to be delivered this past wednesday but I did not get any. When I went to the local post office, they say my mail box is empty and that either my mail was delivered or I never got any. My attorney says that they never got the returned mail, so apparently it is lost forever.

Now, my attorney tells me that it will take forever to get a duplicate labor certificate and so, we should wait for about a month and if neither of us gets the documents by then, try applying for a lost labor certification.

Is there anything I can do than to wait? Is there any way to track my mail to find out what happened? If it is indeed lost, how long does it usually take to get a duplicate and apply for 140? My visa (and 6 years) expires this December. Can I get an extension based on the lost labor certification? If it takes more than 5 months to get a duplicate, will I have to leave the country?

Thanks
    Mani.

We applied with a duplicate copy of the first page two weeks back and I just got an email from my attorney that my 140 has been approved.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X