Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Important Questions about PERM

Hi,
    I need to know some important things about PERM, please guide.
    Key questions/points about PERM:

1. Can one apply labor PERM from more than one companies/employers at the same time? One existing H1B and the 2nd any other.
    a. If yes, is there any side effect of that?
    i. If yes, what are possible side effects?
    2. How long is the preparation period for PERM process from beginning to the filing of PERM?
    a. The max or min scenario (number of days or months or weeks)
    3. The major reasons that cause RFE during PERM process of a candidate?
    4. What are the efficient and the average delay scenarios of PERM with respect to time frame?
    5. What is the average cost of PERM Process if an outside attorney is hired?
    6. Within how much time I-140 and I-485 have to be filed once one’s PERM is approved?
    a. In case of current,
    i. Can I-485 be applied after a one or two months gap?

1. Yes. Remember, employer has to pay for labor. As long as it is different employers and different positions, no issues.
    2. 2 months minimum.
    3. RFE is a USCIS term. Audit is a PERM term. Audit happens for various reasons. Depends on employer, law firm, process followed, documentation gathered etc.
    4. Don't know what this question means. Efficient and average delay scenarios? Delay could be 12 months or more in case of an audit.
    5. Zero as the employer MUST pay it. That is the law.
    6. I140 must be applied within 6 months of labor approval. I485 can be applied concurrently (if current) or later on with a reasonable gap if current.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X