Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PERM - Labour group

Hello

I have a question regrading impact of switching PERM labour group while changing jobs. If my current employer files my PERM under specific a labour group (with my secondary skill set of my experience, for example BI) and when i want to switch my job in future, would my future employer can file my PERM under different labour group (for my primary skill set, for example, .Net)?
    Is it doable if so, will there be any challenges like keeping the priority date and etc ?

Any suggestions or experiences on this is greatly appreciated.

Hi,
    PERM can not be transferred one company to another. When you move to another company, you will need to run another PERM application. Regarding Priority date, Once you filed I-140 with old Employer and it gets approved then you can recapture the priority date when you file new I-140 with new Employer.
    Thanks.

Comment

Hi rkk09,

Thanks for your response. So, since another company has to run new PERM again, if they file for different skills which i have in my skill letter, there wont be any issue with PERM approval ?
      Is my understanding, correct ? or do i need to stick to same skill labour group for the new PERM as well ?

Thanks in advance.

Shyam

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X