Changing job during PERM process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing job during PERM process

I am actively interviewing and hoping to crack couple of them. My current (new) company is in the process of filing my perm. Does anyone know if we can switch while in the process? Currently on my H1-B with I140 approved from previous company. Thanks in advance!

Hi,
    Please note, GC is future Employment. It will not link with your current Job duties.. Once you get your GC only the title, Job duties, Salary will be effective. If you are on H1B and your Job duties and title are changing then you will need to file an Amendment and PERM process will not make any changes.
    On another hand, If you are migrating to new Employer but your Old Employer has initiated PERM, If possible your old Employer can offer GC even though you migrate to another Employer.
    Thanks

Comment

Thanks for clarifying rkk09. This is super helpful. So if I understand this correctly, if I'm moving to a new employer B and my current employer A has initiated the PERM process, I should still be able to migrate to the new employer and it should not impact the PERM process? Or will the new employer(B) need to start the PERM process from the beginning?

Comment

Hi,
        Please see my answers below.
        I should still be able to migrate to the new employer and it should not impact the PERM process?
        Answer: Yes. Your previous Employer PERM process will not impact, if you migrate to new Employer. But, It depend upon Employer interest to offer you a job offer.
        will the new employer(B) need to start the PERM process from the beginning?
        Answer: If new Employer also has a position to offer, they can also sponsor GC to you. So, you can have a PERM Application in two different companies too.
        Thanks

Comment

Got it, thanks so much for confirming! Appreciate the diligent responses!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X